• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SWIFTECH MCX462+T? Thermoelectric heatsink...What do you guys think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think thats overkill on a 1.2 celeron :D

Would be cool if you could get it to fit on 370 though. But you'd have to cut the insulation differant, probably would be cheaper to buy the parts seperatly in that case.

overkill? Are you serious?....what temps should I expect?

hehe...Im going to find a way to mod for socket370 now.....hmm...wonder if a slot ket would work....

Last edited:
$90, Holy s**t!!
To cool a celeron!?!

Please mister, send me some seeds from your money tree.

Seriously though, overkill!:cool:

Well if it lasts as long as I think it will then it will be worth it, plus Im very new to extreme cooling....Well Then I hope it worth it, Plus if its overkill, Well I guess taht means a higher overclock....:D I am so gonna push board to the limits..

ALL the air cooled heatsinks thus far are NOT worth it from everything i have heard.

It will give you temperatures similar to a bad WC system or a louad Air cooling system..just much more epensive.

Plus you need to buy a 100 dollar power supply or make one yourself

You need good cooling to effectively cool the TEC, especially the 226W beast that's included with that HSF. The HSF itself is a very good HSF, but your cooling won't be as effective as if you were cooling the TEC with a WCing setup. IMO any TEC above 120W should be watercooled.

I think it will put too much heat into your case..... also you will have to run your fan at full speed all the time...

I think some of you overkill OC'ers with all the pipes and tubes and refers sitting beside your machines are a bit threatened by this little guy.

ICE

:rolleyes:

$89 bucks here

Ya the fan will be loud for sure at 80cfm

You need to have a separate PSU to power the TEC though, and I think conventional water cooling w/ a 172W peltier would be better than a 226W one on a HSF. The fan on the HSF can be changed for a lower speed one, but at the expense of performance of the TEC.

Hmmm...that article made up my mind, I belive Ill get it, Besides, Ive had lounder fans....EverCool 7500+rpms fans...LOUD!!..yet I still slept....And I can dedicate one of my many extra AT powersupplys to powering the TEC...

I can't remember who it was, but a few months ago I read a post from a guy using this cooler, and he was very happy with its performance.

Just make sure you have the 4 mounting holes to mount it, but 90$ is a bit much to just cool a celeron, but keep it around and use it on your next comp, just make sure you can mount it there as well.

Well I plan to hit 143 FSB with a 1.2 Celeron Which will be 1.7gig...It wont be easy, that I already know but it will make it more fun and at least then I wont have to worry much about temps...

Thanks for the info guys...

Laterz....

Angry said:
.And I can dedicate one of my many extra AT powersupplys to powering the TEC...

You have an AT power supply with 20 amps on the 12V leg? That's the minimum requirements for a dedicated power supply.

Back