• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Switch BIOS for MSI KTPro-2A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

=Iwill user=

Registered
I have got my PC come with the stupid AMI BIOS, can't allow OC (FSB) at all. I read from MSI website that the user can actually change the BIOS to the goody AWARD.

Anybody know how to do it ?

I am presently have a AMD TB 950, would really want to pass 1.1 ghz ........

NUTNDUN

I remember something on MSI's website, I think it was int the faq area on how to switch the bios. If you have the pro-2a flash the overclockers bios and you will be able to change multi[plier and fsb, I was able to do it with my old bios though anyway.

OP
I

=Iwill user=

Registered
I went to MSI's site before, but the explanation is just to simple. Downloaded the flash utility (amifl827.exe) but dun know how to run it at all.....

stool

You'll need a bootable floppy. But the BIOS update and flash utility on the floppy, boot up, and follow the steps. I advise you to allow the utility to make a backup of your present BIOS, just in case of accident.