• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Switching website hosting companies

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

I have currently been with GoDaddy for about 3 years and I have a lot of photos + files that a lot of people use that I don't want to just kill and move on from.

How can I make sure that my domain and all files will still be accessible at the SAME ADDRESS if I move webhosts?

Would I simply backup the entire site and upload it to the new host in the same directory orders then transfer the domain? Is this the best way to do it?

I am looking for a good quality hosting company that will give me 20GB+ Disk space and 100GB bandwidth. I only really use it for hosting files + pictures, I don't have a "site" exactly.

Thanks guys

SMTP

Registered
It sounds like you're just using a simple site on a domain you own to share content from. As long as your domain name isn't changing and you don't change file locations on your site when you move it, you should be okay.