• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Syscooling Flow Meter question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NovaStarGXNN

Recently purchased a flow meter online from a company called Syscooling.
The unit works and looks great .. but
It lacks any sort of markings like flow direction or any other info
There is zero information online that I could find, sent two emails to the company for support and these were ignored.

So the question is; the unit has 5 wires connected to it, 2 are for 12vdc and the other 3 are twisted together ... what are these 3 wires?

Attachments

• 20210701_162219.jpg
    20210701_162219.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 31
I would guess it outputs temperature and rpm signals, but that's 100% a guess.

Thanks Zerileous
that's kind of my thinking, and trying to work out how to confirm that....
You know the company could have confirmed that with 1 email, but absolutely no reply from them .. and not to mention not a single marking on the unit itself, not even flow direction arrows.
So I'm hoping maybe someone can advise maybe how to test and confirm these (outputs???) 3 wires twisted together ... its really a strange thing why would you even do that if they had no function, just don't even provide connections.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

wonder if an Arduino could be programmed up to read (what I'm guessing) digital outputs ... but I'm pretty basic with Arduino and would require some guidance

It looks like these are manufactured for a few different companies. Ococoo is an identical-looking flow meter and offers a little more data. It appears flow is from left to right by default but is reversible if you flip the internal flow sensor.

As far as what the other line are for...good question. My guess would be the same as Zerileous', for flow sensing.

I would venture to bet that the ends were not intended to be tinned together, instead, you would have a 2 pin power connector via Molex/Sata and a 3-pin motherboard connector for power and sensing. Note: you should not need to connect both connectors if this is the case. This is just a hunch though.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Back