• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

system clock keep changing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

htuong

Registered
Hi all,

I hope you guys can help me out. I don't know if this is a windows problem or a motherboard problem. I have:

Sis K7S52A mobo
1x 256 ddr ram
40 gigs wd hd
Windows Pro sp1

The problem that I am having is my system time is not accurate. Every time I set the right time, in a day or two it will be off by couple of hours. I had this problem for about a year now and I am tried of changing the time back every couple of days.
I don't think it is the mobo's battery because I only had the board for less than a year. I tried reinstalling Windows but it still has the same problem. Any help will be great. Thanks in advance.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
make sure it's setin the same timezone as you are, cuz if it isnt it'll update from the internet and itll be idfferent.

redduc900

Inactive Moderator
In addition, it could also be caused by a weak CMOS battery (even though your board is less than a year old). You could also try this...Start | Run | Type cmd and hit OK | At the command prompt...

1. Type net stop w32time, then press Enter
2. Type w32tm.exe /unregister, then press Enter
3. Type w32tm.exe /register, then press Enter
4. Type net start w32time, then press Enter

The above listed commands re-register the information regarding your computer's processor clock, which is stored in the Registry. ;)

Last edited:

twump

i would bet money its the cmos battery. k7s5a's are notorious for shipping with basd batteries. the first k7s5a i had had the same problem. goto kmart pick up a cr2032 watch battery and you good to go

SniperXX

Does the Bios have a voltage reader for the CMos bat? If so check it before you buy a battery, you dont want to buy one if its not the battery even tho it may be.

My $0.02

skab

If the time in your Bios was set differently from the time in Windows then you'd have the same kind of problem, but that's a simple check.