• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System Idle Process

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Puer Aeternus

I see in task manager that "sysem Idle process" is using 97-99% of my cpu.....what is system idle process?

I am using winxp

I noticed a while back that k-lite(kazza) slows down when I am away from the puter..other k-lite users have the same prob(no power savers are turned on). Would the System idle process have anything to do w/ it? When the computer is idle does winxp slow things down?

nemisys

System Idle Process is the amount of your processor that is idle.

It is just saying that you are not using 97-99% of your processor at the moment you are checking. System Idle Process should not have any impact on any programs as it is not realyl doing anything.

DeltaSierra

Instead of using all that electricity just to have your system idle, may I suggest joining the [email protected] team (or Folding, of course)? It's a lot of fun, and you can put those wasted CPU cycles to good use. Check out either the SETI or Folding forums.