• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

system is REALLY slow all the sudden??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr. Chambers

i just build my second machine, and moved some parts over over into another machine.. so i now have 2.. a good one.. and a not so good one :p anyway, the not so good one 800t-bird msi kt7pro2-a board, tnt2 m-64, 128 mb memory, 20 gb 5400 harddrive.. anyway diablo ii USED to fun fine on this machine.. but its all laggy now.. even when i'm not playin on the net.. my 3d 2001 se score is only like 650.. what the heck is wrong? i used to play max payne on this type of machine before i upgraded... any ideas?

Lancelot

If it's ONLY the 3D that's slooooow, it can only be your TNT2M64 card. It's a cheaper version of the TNT2 chipset wich has a cripled 64bit datapath to the memory. (the original TNT2 has a 128bit datapath) My inlaws have a M64 in a P3-800EB system, and this thing also only scores around 700 3Dmarks...

thefly

sounds like a possible driver issue.

Uninstall the drivers and reinstall them.

do the same for direct x