• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System Machanic 6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I just downloaded the 30 day trial of SM6 now I did a JUNK FILE REMOVAL scan and it came up with 66.9mb of stuff. Now I asked it to move the files to the recycle bin before I delete any of it.

It's coming up with files with extentions under .ISS, .TMP, .MST can these files be deleted safely.

JerMe

.iss files are configuration script files for if you're making an installer for a program. have you been playing with installers lately? if so, i wouldn't wipe out these iss files. same sorta goes for the .mst files (used for ms installation configurations). if you're not sure, just leave them be.

.tmp files are temporary files, they're usually safe to delete, but sometimes they act as backups for programs.

OP
AngelfireUk83

AngelfireUk83

To late I cleaned out my Recycle Bin late night as I was shutting down the system seems alright so far. It's gained an improvment in overall load times as I log on my tray icons used to take ages to load up now they just pop right up and I can start whatever without waiting.

hibner

I haven't used system mechanic since version 5. I used to love it back in the day. But since then I have learned to do most things manually. :cool: But as far as the file cleaner, it did a good job and never removed anything that damaged my system. Just be carefull with the registry cleaner though. I had it thrash some programs a few times.