• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SYSTEMced file corrupt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

demon-eater

okay I was playing the new NFS demo and it froze so i hit the reset button and upon reloading W2kPro i got this error message

"SYSTEMced file is corrupt blha blah blah blha"

so i tried to use the repair wizard.. that didn't work looked on my other computer for a file called "SYSTEMced" no go can't find it.. looked on a HD that was in another persons computer (gotta format it today) for that file cause they had 2k on it no go either...

so How do i fix this file? or Where do i get this file? im going to go search google now...

well im gonna print it out and see what i can do... id hate to have to format and reinstall cause this machine is my "server" luckily i still had a 98 install on here, i only had to setup the cable modem but 98 still sucks lol

here goes nothing weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

arrrggghh

i tried and tried again but i can't get that to work... guess im formatting after i take what i want off of that HD...

I got that exact message after I had pushed my FSB too high. I didn't have to format. I just reinstalled WIN2K and my progs and all of my stuff (pics, music etc.) was there. That was about 8 months ago and I haven't had any probs since then. (other than when I do something dumb ;) )

Fiz

EVERYTHING was at stock when i did that... i then proceeded to check the HD to see if it was dying on me (again, just got a new rmaed one last one for the 4th time) and overclocked the cpu to 166mhz so the only thing oc was my chip and all went well

Back