• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T-Bird or Non T-bird

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nymph

I have a T-Bird 1.0ghz which I am currently running on an a7v333 with Kingston pc2700 CL 2.5 I am able to get 7.0x161 stable, But not one Mhz higher. My vcore is 1.85 and temps are stable at 39 idle and 41 load. Anyway, I'm not sure what the stepping is on the cpu but I have found an older non-T-bird 1.0ghz in my closet and the stepping is AVHA 0105. Anyone know if this is a known stepping for good overclocking? Thanks!

Bon3thugz43v3r

Tbirds are known for not overclocking well no matter what stepping it is. Also I have A7V-333 and I wanted to test my old 1.33 ghz tbird and it wouldnt boot. Its not fried either as it works in my A7A-266.

Angry

Ive never heard of a "non-tbird"....
I thought all the older socket a chips were t-birds?
BTW its the AXIA cored tbirds that overclock very well, the 1gigs normaly hit 1.5ghz on air...

Namagomi

Disabled
yeah, i was thinking the same thing. old non-tbird? the first socket A chips were Tbirds. Maybe you're confused? Maybe it's a Slot A chip?

EDIT: 2 hours later.. god i'm a retard. I just realized that it's probabily a Duron chip. If that is the case, I'd stick with the T-bird, that's a pretty good o/c anyhow.

Last edited:
OP
nymph

nymph

Sorry, it's my mistake then... I didn't realize that all of first socket A Athlon chips were t-birds (at least I learned somthing new)! Chances are then i'll probably get around the same OC since it's not an AXIA. Thanks!