• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T-Bird overclocking... the hard way ;)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fever

Heh, I'm in the same boat as you. My second folding rig's mobo doesn't have multi adjustments, so I'm going to be cutting and connecting bridges on me 1.2GHz TBird. Let me know how it works out for you.

markodude

I did this on a Duron and it worked fine. I have ran my old T-bird 1000 at as much as 2.1v on air with no probs...I expect you should get to at least 1.2ghz maybe more on a 1ghz Tbird, depending on the stepping..

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
Here give this a try Seems a little easier. When you get there click on the one that says Workshop and scoll down til you see TB and Duron unlocking and click on it.

7keys

If you scraped it with a razor blade wouldn’t you take the whole bridge right off? I thought the idea was to just make a cut.

My questions might sound a little stupid but I don’t want to destroy my CPU or find out I now only have a 3 multiplier and there is no way back.