• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T-Bred B0 Coming Out!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

For those of you die-hard overclockers, AMD is treating us to low voltage AthlonXPs soon.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=7298

http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/25703.pdf

Were talking about seeing the AthlonXP 2400+ with a all time low 1.25v and 1.45v on the T-bred B 2800+

2400+ = 1.25V
2600+ = 1.35V
2700+ = 1.45V
2800+ = 1.50V

Rumors have it all the Bartons run at 1.50V stock, so things should be looking awesome for overclockers. This would mean that no volt mods required hence anyone daring to run behond 1.85V would have to be insane now LOL

I also read on this german site that AMD is trying to phase of the 266FSB AthlonXP 2600+ as soon as possible to kill the confusion of the PR/MHz rating rant.

OC-Master

wow, to be honest I really thought the XP would be dying out after Bartons and the introduction of the Hammers soon. first these Tbreds, now AMD is banging out these cpus like the XP is brand newest CPU. Not sure whether it's good or bad for AMD..

Barton will be named XP also...
Introduction of hammer will be very slow. There wil be very short supply for this first year and they will be high priced. So they will be aimed for high-end users. Athlon XP will be something like Duron was, a budget oriented solution.

fgherger said:
Barton will be named XP also...
Introduction of hammer will be very slow. There wil be very short supply for this first year and they will be high priced. So they will be aimed for high-end users. Athlon XP will be something like Duron was, a budget oriented solution.

Yup, and from what I heard, we'll be seeing the 3000+, 3200+ 3400+ and a 3600+ Barton CPU in the near future.

The added cache may not show the results in most benches but in OpenGL and higher areas where processing power is used (Dungeon Siege), that 512KB is used to the fullest extent and there is a good 15% jump in performance.

OC-Master

If the Tbred B0's are coming out - then what exactly are we seeing just now???? I thought the latest Tbreds were B0's! Also where on the AMD link does it mention the lower voltages - I cant find it apart from the vague reference to low power desktops which if you check the revision history (no mention of this being added) was already included in the previous revision guide in June if it wasnt already in the main document.

Last edited:
1.25v on a TBred is almost low enough to run as a mobile chip....

Yeah, good grief, applying anything more than 1.5V to these things without peltierized watercooling would be pretty nuts, assuming they work on current motherboards designed for 1.75V chips...

How do you think they were able to get so low voltage out of these XP's? I can only imagine the overclock pontential of these processors.

thing is, people (like me) who were planning to get a Hammer system will think hey, let's get me one of those cheap highly OC-able Tbreds now. (well I just did order a Tbred 2100+ to replace my old 1800+ :p) and that's probably what most people will think. If AMD continues strong support for XP this will delay the Hammer, especially promotion of the K8 will be difficult when the XP stays very popular. just my 2 cents :)

OC Detective said:
If the Tbred B0's are coming out - then what exactly are we seeing just now???? I though the latest Tbreds were B0's! Also where on the AMD link does it mention the lower voltages - I cant find it apart from the vague reference to low power desktops which if you check the revision history (no mention of this being added) was already included in the previous revision guide in June if it wasnt already in the main document.

Between me and you, lets call this T-bred C! :)

EDIT: Got that voltage info off a chart from a site I ran by yesterday which also refered to the new AMD documents.

OC-Master

Tbred C's have been talked about before - not sure about the reliability of this information though it is interesting - what was the site you mentioned that had the specific info?

I preordered a 2100 TbredB0 chip taday from my local computer store they said it should be here in 3 to 4 weeks:D :D :D can't wait.I wonder if AMD will add a new stepping.

hdj said:
I actually ran my tbredb's (2100's) at 1.25V for a little while. Seemed to run OK.

Well it could potentially run fine. My 1000C AXIA runs fine at 1.5V as long as its at stock speed, thats how stable that CPU is :)

Now, AMD is once again tweaking the core for maximum stability and lowering the requirements of the processor so it runs cooler and still maintains its effeciency.

By AMD lowering the Maximum T-bred voltage from 1.65V to 1.50V, this will bring maximum overall temperatures down and allow for higher clock speeds in the near future.

Barton is in fact based on Identical architecture apart from the doubleing of the L2 cache.

EDIT: I kinda figured 1.25V would eventually happen. Look at 95% of our motherboards out there, they all have support for 1.25V :) My KT7A does 1.25V out of the box :)

OC-Master

SickBoy said:
1.25v on a TBred is almost low enough to run as a mobile chip....

Yeah, good grief, applying anything more than 1.5V to these things without peltierized watercooling would be pretty nuts, assuming they work on current motherboards designed for 1.75V chips...

I was thinking that myself. But, one would think that if the core was the same, it *should* in thoery handle 1.75. It sounds like they're reducing the default vcore to keep temps down. It'll be interesting to see what kind of cooling will be able to keep one of these from frying at 1.5 - 1.75v

B.

Mr B said:

I was thinking that myself. But, one would think that if the core was the same, it *should* in thoery handle 1.75. It sounds like they're reducing the default vcore to keep temps down. It'll be interesting to see what kind of cooling will be able to keep one of these from frying at 1.5 - 1.75v

B.

This is completely off topic but what exactly happened to NedClocker?? I need to be filled in on the forum gathering gossip LOL

OC-Master

Back