• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T-bred delayed, Palomino XP2200 to come!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

I dont know how to say this, I know its harsh for some of us overclockers to hear but any chance of the T-bred this month will be blown over!:(

Thats right, the T-bred is being pushed back to May and to fill in the gap, AMD will release a 1.8GHz XP2200 Palomino processor based on the very stable AGOIA stepping.

AMD is renewing its roadmap by removing the Barton core in place by building a strengthened Clawhammer processor which will account in the better price and performance area.

I have already seen a picture of the XP2200 Palomino in a Jap news group, appearently, they have em on the shelves in Japan! So our T-bred's soon future looks grim! It was a AGOIA stepping which is already featured on all XP2100's.

Guess were going to have to wait some more
:rolleyes:

BTW, the Duron 1400 is still going ahead for this month so something good could still come about.

AXIA

Xantec

Registered
hmm, well, i suppose for me it is somewhat good. all the recent upgrades i got for my system have started to run the money well dry. now i'll have a chance to refill it somewhat. with any luck, amd will use this extra time to put some finishing touches onto the first steppings

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
T-bred release

I'll talk to a guy who works at AMD here in Austin. He offered me an XP2000+ 2 weeks before they were released at shall I say a rock-bottom price, but by the time I had $ in hand, he'd already sold or given away the 10 he was able to get his hands on. We were hanging out in a bar and he used a brand-spanking new XP2000+ to buy a pitcher! Unfirckin-believable I thought! I just about cried when I had $50 the next week and he told me he was out and couldn't get any more for a while. Well, my tax refund is here, so I'll see if he can get a T-bred or three a week or 2 before they're released.

OC Detective

The T-bred cannot be far away from being released. Over here in Malaysia the price for a XP2000+ has plummetted in the past 10 days from a price in excess of US$210 to now US$150. My problem is I am currently building a new system (already purchased an ASUS A7V 333 Mobo - cue comments about how it is a bad board and that I should have bought a different one - lol!) and dont know if I should wait a bit longer. Having said that I could be waiting indefinitely as there will always be something better further down the line!:rolleyes:

Gilgamesh

Intel is releasing the 2.4 Ghz next week and AMD is still with the old and rusty palomino core. T-Bred was originally for Q1 at this pace Hammer will be released earlier.
I don't know which company is worst, Intel for its P4 wolfskinned lamb processor or AMD for keeping the customers waiting.