• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T Line vs. Reservoir

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NinjaZX6R

RAM Junkie
Hey Guys,

I've been picking out parts for a week now to build my first water cooling. I would like to keep things as need and simple as I can. I would like to use a t line over a reservoir, because my case does not really have an abundant amount of space. I am sure I could fit it, but I would prefer to use a tline. Are there any advantages/disadvantages that I should be aware of? Thanks for the help!!!!

-Collin-

masitti

I use a T-Line... works fine, takes a little longer to bleed, but nothing major - I can still run the system while it bleeds. It was cheap, T-Line = $1... 2ft tubing = $.50.

Nightingale

From my own personel experience setting up my own rig today go with the reservoir. I am having tons of problems getting all the air out of the system and filling it with this t-line setup and will be switching to a pvc pipe reservoir as soon as I get a chance to go the hardware store.

Nightingale

not to burst your bubble but I usually shop at lowes only because its more conviently located(only about 5 miles down the highway:D ). Although I wish there was a homedepot that was located just as close so that if one place didn't have something I could drive across the street to the other one and get whats needed.

jlin453

In another thread I read that a T-line can cause a loss of pressure. Well this hybrid Tline/resevoir thing, wouldn't it still cause a loss of pressure? or is it cancelled out since it's right by the intake of the pump.

And isn't this hybrid still just a t-line?

Korndog

depends on how u make it
i made mine out of 1" piping, thus no pressure loss.
i don't know about it still being a t-line... sure doesn't look like a T to me..
at least not mine anyways..
guess u could call it an graduated tline :p

Westside05

bay reservoir..i got dual bay one from dangerden..i bought it because it looks cool and your friends respect my computer for that lol ..tline looks ghetto to me also it has more advantages ;)

Korndog

advantages?
like cracking and leaking? LOL
only 'advantage' with a res is that its easy to fill up and bleed ur system, but with a hybrid tline/res you can do that too, my fill in is actually bigger then the bay res. to top it off i get to save 25 bucks and the bay space. mine only cost 15 bucks from home depot and i assembled it while i was waiting in line.

as for looking cool, i just got chromed fittings and pipes to replace the copper ones, if chrome isn't cool, i don't know what is

johan851

Insatiably Malcontent, Senior Member
Hmmm...my T-Line setup has cost me about $17 so far...but I'm trying to make a brass setup with an external opening. I just use a pass through T-Connector, then 3/8" ID hose to go (discreetly) out to the back of my case, where's there's a brass elbow and a cap end. Just unscrew and pour in. :)

jlin453

Korndog said:
advantages?
like cracking and leaking? LOL
only 'advantage' with a res is that its easy to fill up and bleed ur system, but with a hybrid tline/res you can do that too, my fill in is actually bigger then the bay res. to top it off i get to save 25 bucks and the bay space. mine only cost 15 bucks from home depot and i assembled it while i was waiting in line.

as for looking cool, i just got chromed fittings and pipes to replace the copper ones, if chrome isn't cool, i don't know what is

Could you please post a pic or details on what you bought at home depot? It'd make it a lot easier on me :)