• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T32 EOC WIR 14Sep18: I'll race ya'.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
Some of you may be in the path of the latest storm to hit the U.S. If so, please stay safe and out of harm’s way.

Team Conquest/Threat List
[oldtable] None. |We have conquered |them all.
TSC! Russia| 4.7 months| down from 5 months. [/table]

Hardware.no has dropped from our threats list again but I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if they pop back up again. They’re a good team worthy of the competition. TSC! is continuing their march upward at a steady pace which is a good showing for them. We are still doing our best to stave them off. Good for us. We all win a prize. Huza!

Active folders and ranking:
[oldtable]|Active Folders|Ranking|Ave PPD
This week | 56 | 27th | 1.08 million
Last week |54 |30th |1.07 million
2 weeks ago | 58 | 28th | 1.08 million
3 weeks ago | 56|27th |1.07 million
4 weeks ago | 58 |25th | 976k
5 weeks ago | 58 | 25th | 972k
6 weeks ago | 57 |25th |1.09 million
7 weeks ago |55 | 26th |1.18 million
8 weeks ago| 54 | 27th |1.18 million [/table]

Alright alright alright. We’ve picked up two active folders this week so that’s good. We are holding steady at about 1 million points per day per person. We’ll take it.

Top 20 PPD:
[oldtable]1| Macaholic | 11.66 million
2| HayesK | 10.67 million
3| WhitehawkEQ | 7.93 million
4| torin3 | 5.96 million
5| don256us | 3.58 million
6| superducky | 3.57 million
7| orion456 | 3.04 million
8| JrClocker | 2.72 million
9| hshtick | 2.07 million
10| aviationfrk | 1.33 million
11| gabi golan |
12| Lochekey |
13| Clint |
14| P4EE |
15| Jaymz9350 |
16| ProteinPete
17| Hack30
18| Kowalski3500
19| eQuinOx (RIP)
20| juane414[/table]

Two items of note here:
1) eQuinOx passed away maybe two years ago. Either his family or his work has left some of his production running and he has hit the top 20. eQuinOx was a friend to all. He was one of the first guys that I challenged to a run off and he squarely showed me how it’s done. A lesson I have not learned to this day. He was fun to chat with and encouraging to all who crossed his path. He is missed.

2) If you have noticed that don256us and superducky are very close in production, it’s because they are in a race to 700 million. This is the lesson that I never learn. While I was behind superducky by 9 million, I thought that I could overtake him and hit our goal faster. He has kicked it in some and will be out producing me either later today or tomorrow. I’ve got to just hold on tight and hope he makes a mistake. That’s probably the only move I have left. I’ve place some resources into production but it may not be enough to counter the extra resources superducky has marshalled. Stay tuned to see what happens.

Individual Milestones:
(Note: The word “earned” acknowledges the hard work done to earn these points at all levels of production.)

[oldtable]Macaholic will earn | 10 billion in 6.5 days.|
superducky just earned | 600 million.|
don256us just earned | 600 million.|
Lochekey just earned | 100 million.| WOOT!|
juane414 will earn | 100 million in 9.6 hours.
Clint will earn | 100 million in 2.3 days.|
hitman just earned | 50 million.|
thecultie just earned |30 million.|
pettyg359 just earned | 10 million. | WOOT!|
fcomstoc will earn | 9 million in 2.6 days.
Blueswitch just earned | 5 million.
Lennytiger just earned | 2 million and will earn | 3 million in 1.8 days.[/table]

Team Top 100 or (Page 1):

Moving up three spots each:
aviationfrk besting last weeks two spots.
Lochekey for the third straight weeks.
Clint for the second time in a row.

Moving up two spots each:
hshtick
DarkDraco making it into the top 100! WOOT!

Moving up one spot each:
superducky
don256us
ProteinPete
Kowalski3500

World Top 100:
Moving up in these ranks is difficult. Great job guys.

[oldtable] Macaholic |#17| |
HayesK |#18|
RoXQi3x |#45|
RamonetB |#47|
P4EE |#64|
WhitehawkEQ |#70||
orion456 |#77|| [/table]

It won’t be too much longer before we see HayesK in this table twice.

Congratulations to everyone on their hard work and earned goals.

If you did “it” and I missed “it”, please post “it” below.

Until next week
Build, Borg, Recruit. :comp:

Here's to eQuinOx. :cheers:

Don, you're keeping me honest, and I'll be traveling for work occasionally between now and completion date so don't give up yet! Power failure or crash could keep you in the running.

Fold on!

Had a 1070 go down due to Windows Updates. It is now back online and crunching.

Power went out yesterday. I wasn't home but the weather was nice. The sun was out, a gentle breeze in the air, not a worry in the world. I come home to find that the power had gone out almost as soon as I had left for the day. I'm back up though.

I was wondering why you dropped off the threat list. Tough break. Keep in mind, I've got 2 systems at work that may be appropriated by other projects at any time that consist of about half of my production, so you're still in the hunt!

Welp. Was wondering why the power bill was so high last month. AC has completely crapped out. Going to ride it out as long as I can but until I get can get it repaired I might be limping along. It's currently 85*F in my office where I have a 1070 and a 1080ti.

That's too warm for this northerner. I have a 1080 and 1080Ti in my office and the cats LOVE it. Thank goodness for central air and because I live in the kill radius of not one but two nuclear power plants, my energy costs aren't too bad.

I had a machine die sometime yesterday. Knowing that rig, it took a 980Ti with it. I have not troubleshot it yet but I'm guessing if I pull the now dead card, the other two will run fine. I'll have to replace the whole rig as I've already lost a few cards to that MB. I can't keep doing that.

Adding to my woes, the constgant flicker in power lately has caused all sorts of issues with my main rig and my thermostat. The final straw is that work is having a rare moment of OT which is enough to take my time but not enough to change my paycheck by any real number.

I'll keep fighting but this may be the moment that I can't rebound from. I'm gonna give it a go and maybe something will happen.

AIRBORNE!

I had a machine die sometime yesterday. Knowing that rig, it took a 980Ti with it. I have not troubleshot it yet but I'm guessing if I pull the now dead card, the other two will run fine. I'll have to replace the whole rig as I've already lost a few cards to that MB. I can't keep doing that.

That better not be the card I sent you :mad::rofl::chair:

No, at leaset I don't think so. It is however, in the same machine so it is not running at the moment. I'll toss the newly dead MSI card and the other two should run fine.

Oh no!

Good news [for me] AC is repaired and it's a livable 75 degrees in the Office again. Probably around 78 in the server room.

This is just an excuse to upgrade to the much more efficient 10 series cards that will be coming off use since the 2080 launched today, right, Don? ;)

Indeed. I look to capitalize on the 10 series as prices drop. However, I'll probably not be buying used. I did that with my 7970's and 280x's and I have a stack that are not even good for holding paper down.

I got the offending machine back up minus one 980Ti which means that I will not be hitting 4 million ppd again. I am happy to have hit it twice though so I've got that going for me.

Superducky! Don't slow down on my account. The race is very close at the moment and while I do appreciate it, I've had my clocked cleaned before and I can take it. equinox, Jrclocker and Whitehawk can all attest to that. :chair:

Had a machine reset at work and didn't realize it. Back up and running!

Oh wow! Just realized I had a 1070 down as well with an unplugged ethernet cable. It's back online as well.

Last edited:
superducky, you seem to have derailed completely. You had two 0 point updates today. The race ain't over yet buddy. I'm leaving town early tomorrow and returning late Sunday. Murphy's law says that I will have a slight blip in power just as I head out the door bringing all my shtuff down for the weekend.

I've literally just walked in after leaving town at 6am Friday. (It's now 2am Monday.)

I haven't the slightest idea what's happening. The 1080ti won't start the client at all. It was running when I left.

The 1070 and 970 seem to be running and getting points but no idea why they're not reporting? And the two machines at work I have, well, who knows what has gone wrong with them and I'm flying out tomorrow before I can go in.

What a calamity.

Ouch. Sorry to hear about that. Sounds like life has you stretched out too. Well, it ain't over until it is so we'll see how this plays out.

If task manager is to be believed, I have the client up and running on the 1080ti, but can't get a GUI up. I'm honestly better at linux these days and wish I could just tail the logs to make sure I'm not crazy, but it's definitely using CPU and GPU cycles.

The failure is also not the other thing I feared, which was my PiHole started blocking necessary addresses, I don't see anything in the logs; also that wouldn't make any sense because the clients themselves wouldn't have any work to do like they did when I got home.

I was hoping to shoot a few games of battlefield this morning before I left but that isn't going to happen, now, I need every bit of horsepower I can muster to try and hold you off, Don!

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Note to self: don't drive 400 miles to go 50 miles offshore when in the terminal stages of a folding challenge.

Good luck. We're neck in neck and it's anyone's win.

Perhaps windows update "fixed" your drivers. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 was applied to my win10 notebook on 10/2.

Back