• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T32 EOC WIR 2 Dec 16

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
Team 32 EOC WIR

Team Spotlight:
Apologies to any and all missed milestones and goals that were reached during the holiday hiatus. Please know that your continued contribution is appreciated. “Thank you.” We again hit our highest monthly point gain in history with ~1.6 billion so surely many of you have done great things in the days past.

Hopefully everyone had a great holiday season and is back home safe, sound and full of good food. With that in mind…. NOW GET BACK TO WORK! Fire up more rigs and get more points. Your friends are all laughing and pointing at you so show them who’s who! You don’t need to take that kind of guff do you!?

Forum Spotlight:
ihrsetrdr had a good question and his thread shows us why we are a great team. ihrsetrdr had an issue and brought that issue to the team. He presented his logs and any information that related to his issue. The team responded in spades providing sound advice as quickly as possible. This thread is but one example of how we put the “team” in team32.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/777430-(waiting-for-idle)

Team Conquest List:
Overclock.net 3.1 years
[size=1.5](Lower is better)[/size]

Top 20 PPD:
HayesK 10.8 million
RamonetB 7.3 million
RoXQi3x 6.2 million
Macaholic 5.9 million
P4EE 3.6 million
WhitehawkEQ 3.4 million
JrClocker 3.1 million
Torin3 2.9 million
orion456 2.6 million
don256us 2.2 million

There were some really big jumps in the top 10 since the last update. WOW!

gabi Golan
Ozzlo
King Scrud
Jaymz9350
belorsch
aviationfrk
Silver Pharaoh
Protein Pete
SubPar1
unsafesteagle

Top 10 average ppd: 4.8 million up from 3.81 (What the WHAT!?)
Top 20 average ppd (including the top 10): 2.7 million up from 2.2 .

Individual Milestones:
HayesK will earn 5 billion in less than a month!

Macaholic will earn 3 billion in 2.6 weeks.
RoXQi3x will earn 3 billion in 2.8 weeks.

JrClocker just earned 500 million.
wjruth just earned his first 100 million!
gulp35 will earn 80 million in 5.3 days.
belorsch will earn 80 million in 2.4 days.
Ozzlo will earn 60 million in 1.4 days.
ProteinPete just earned 50 million.
TazExtreme3 just earned 4 million and will earn 5 million in 5 days.
Wedo will earn 2 million in 4.3 days.

There are a lot of familiar names in the ranks below 1 million which is great news. Thank you for your support.

Team Top 100 or (Page 1):
ProteinPete starts us out by moving up 4 spots.

belorsch moved up 3 spots.

JrClocker moved up 2 spots.
wjruth moved up 2 spots.

Moving up 1 spot each is:
Jaymz9350
stevem
Kowalski3500
Robert17
t1nm4n
BigBlock
Ozzlo
surfpunk
JTCOOL
KF6VV

World Top 100:
HayesK #9
Macaholic #22 A big jump.
RoXQi3x #24 Moving up one.
P4EE #29
orion456 #33
Torin3 #61
RamonetB #70
hardass #82

Congratulations to everyone on their hard work and earned goals.

Until next week
Build, Borg, Recruit. :comp:

Robert17

Premium Member
I swapped out my GPU, from and R9 290X to a GTX 1070 and saw a nice bump, especially since I was out of town most of the week. Have yet to figure out how to add the R9 to the Linux unit but am back to able to experiment. We'll see.......

In the meantime, here's a screeny of my temps on the card while folding full out:

folding temps.png

gabi_golan

Nice work, team! Way to fold!

Have yet to figure out how to add the R9 to the Linux unit but am back to able to experiment. We'll see.......
Robert17, I think you can't fold on AMD GPUs on GNU/Linux, or has that changed? Also, nice temps on that GPU and CPU, is it outside in the snow, or watercooled GPU, or how do you manage to get 38*C on the card while folding?

Robert17

Premium Member
Thanks Gabi. The card is an MSI GTX 1070 Seahawk, has a Corsair H50 slapped onto it from the AIB, something similar to what I was using on the R9. The indoor temps are around 18C as we have windows and doors open, taking advantage of the nice weather to air the house. Seems to help, huh? Either way, we'll know more about temp performance once we batten the hatches in a few days as temps are expected to plummet and the AIO faces my house heater in a cage match.

wjruth

Made the mistake of updating drivers. Had to go and roll back the drivers. The 1070 is folding again like normal. It will take a few days to get my average up.

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member
Made the mistake of updating drivers. Had to go and roll back the drivers. The 1070 is folding again like normal. It will take a few days to get my average up.

Yep, 375.xx is a no go till Nvidia and/or Stanford gets around to fixing it. :)