• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T32 EOC WIR 28 Oct 16

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
Team Spotlight:
Have you started to increase your production due to the cooler weather? If not, consider spending money by heating your home with [email protected] Clean out the cooling fins on your heatsinks and replace thermal paste as needed. Plug in, turn on and fold fold fold. Supplies are not limited so buy now.

If you have a part of your house that never seems to heat up to a comfortable temperature, consider folding. Does the ice never thaw from the wheel wells of your car? Fold in the garage. Is your basement so cold you store perishable food down there successfully? Fold!

Folding will cure anything that ales you. Are you too weak, or not weak enough? Fold. Are you overweight and looking to bulk up? Fold. Not enough women/men in your life? Too many? Fold. Are you tired of having to buy new pants all the time because your money is burning holes in your pockets? FOLD!

Forum Spotlight:
RamonetB has an interesting problem with his SMP rig(s). This issue involves Linux and 24 – 48 CPU cores. This issue has all of the “cool” things that us geeks find fun and interesting. If you can help, please do but otherwise, this thread may be an interesting read. There are other threads for 4P systems and they really show a side of folding most of us rarely sees.

Team Conquest List: (Lower is better)
Overclock.net 13 years
[H]ardOCP 2.6 years down from 2.9

Team Threat List: (Higher is better)
Barnacules Nerdgasm 5.8 years up from 3.7

Top 20 PPD:
HayesK 10.5 million
Macaholic 5.8 million
RoXQi3x 5.1 million
WhitehawkEQ 3.1 million
Torin3 2.8 million
JrClocker 2.8 million
orion456 2.7 million
don256us 2.3 million
RamonetB 1.9 million
P4EE 1.2 million

aviationfrk
wjruth
gabi golan
belorsch
unsafesteagle
Ozzlo
Grub
ConundrumLR
AnubisOne
Silver Pharaoh

Top 10 average ppd: 3.81 million up from 3.78
Top 20 average ppd (including the top 10): 2.2 million

There was a lot of movement in the top 20. This shows that competition is alive at nearly all levels. You don’t have to be a top producer to have fun with this. Fold to your level and pick the guys around you to poke fun at and challenge. We have enough teammates at every level so enjoy. 

Individual Milestones:
JrClocker starts us out by earning 400 million.
wjruth will earn 90 million in 6.5 days.
FLFISHER just earned 80 million.
belorsch will earn 60 million in 2.5 days.
surfpunk will earn 40 million in 3.3 days.
Ozzlo will earn 40 million in 6.8 days.
modd just joined the 8 digit club with 10 million.
__Console__ also joined the 8 digit club with 10 million.
Roger G just earned 9 million.
Grub just earned 8 million and will earn 9 million in 7.2 hours.
Jerk just earned 7 million.
Dark Bishop will earn 7 million in 5.5 days.
]-[itman will earn 3 million in 2.5 days.
TazExtreme3 is our newest millionaire by earning his first 1 million. WOOT!

There is a lot of movement in the 100k – 900k. This is great to see. Keep it coming guys! We even have movement in the 80k and 1k ranges. It is all useful and helpful. Thank you.

Team Top 100 or (Page 1):
Ozzlois our spot jumper leader of the week by moving up 10 spots and making his way onto page 1.

Moving up 2 spots each:
JrClocker
deeppow
DarkWarrior

Also moving up 1 spot:
WhitehawkEQ who is #368 in the world :p
aviationfrk
Silver Pharaoh
unsafesteagle
AnubisOne
surfpunk

World Top 100:
HayesK #9
P4EE #24
RoXQi3x #25
Macaholic #29
orion456 #32
Torin3 #61
hardass #74
RamonetB #80

Congratulations to everyone on their hard work and earned goals.

Until next week
Build, Borg, Recruit. :comp:

Last edited:

JrClocker

AKA: JrMiyagi
Team Spotlight:
Have you started to increase your production due to the cooler weather? If not, consider spending money by heating your home with [email protected] Clean out the cooling fins on your heatsinks and replace thermal paste as needed. Plug in, turn on and fold fold fold. Supplies are not limited so buy now.

If you have a part of your house that never seems to heat up to a comfortable temperature, consider folding. Does the ice never thaw from the wheel wells of your car? Fold in the garage. Is your basement so cold you store perishable food down there successfully? Fold!

Folding will cure anything that ales you. Are you too weak, or not weak enough? Fold. Are you overweight and looking to bulk up? Fold. Not enough women/men in your life? Too many? Fold. Are you tired of having to buy new pants all the time because your money is burning holes in your pockets? FOLD!

LOL.

You forgot to add: "is the alimony you were paying your ex-wife no longer sucking the life out you? FOLD!"

Great update don.

torin3

I added a new 1070 in the mix 2 weeks ago, and while I get occasional days above 3M, I've had glitches.

But that still isn't really keeping me in the top 5.

I've got 3 970s that could be replaced with 1070s, but those moves will only net me an additional 300K PPD each. With my current rigs, I'd max out at about 3.9M PPD.

Which looks like it might still not be enough a few months down the road.

JrClocker

AKA: JrMiyagi
3 new 1070s would cost about the same as 1 Titan XP...about the same PPD too...and would save energy! :D

Come on...you know you want one!

ozzlo

Senior whose title will pier
After being out of the folding game for 5 years, I've broken into the top 100 and top 20 producers with just a month of folding with a single GTX 1080. These 1000 Series Nvidia cards are beasts, I challenge everyone to go out an get a 1000 series card. My folding performance is up over 20x what it was 5 years ago with this single upgrade.

*Edit, My year end bonus just came in, i'm getting another one :attn:

Last edited:

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member
Hey guys, keep me in your prayers as I may need to have surgery for a pinched nerve and a hernia, the pinched nerve is keeping me from sleeping. You don't know the pain of a pinched nerve till you get it, on a scale from 0 to 10 my pain is about 15.

Silver_Pharaoh

Likes the big ones n00b Member
Hey guys, keep me in your prayers as I may need to have surgery for a pinched nerve and a hernia, the pinched nerve is keeping me from sleeping. You don't know the pain of a pinched nerve till you get it, on a scale from 0 to 10 my pain is about 15.
Good luck in the surgery Whitehawk!

You'll make it through, keep fighting!!! :thup:

OP
don256us

don256us

Uber Folding Senior

You'll be back up and running in no time I'm sure. I too go under the knife on Thursday. Not really, they are going to kill a part of my heart if things go right. It's out-patient for me so I hope to publish this weeks newsletter.

The both of us will be back to folding and you'll continue to bury me in points.