• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T32 EOC WIR 4Jun21: Don't give up.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
The numbers are looking grimm but don't give up. Teams are passing us up but don't give up. Our top 20 looks bleek but don't give up. We have been riding high on success for a long time but since COVID came up and was included in F@H, we've been getting whomped. It's all good. Summer is here and some of us have had to shut down or scale back due to heat issues and what not. I personally have made a conscious decision to sell off the working parts of my farm so that I can follow an aggressive upgrade path. The cost is points in the short term but the return should be massive points on the other end.

Just do what you can when you can and don't give up.

Team Conquest/Threat List

NVIDIA Corp10.2 years up from 8.8 years.
PC Games Hardware1.2 weeks down from 1.0 months.
Element AI Inc5.1 months down from 5.4 months.
Theta Edge Compute 1.1 years down from 1.3 years.
dogefolders1.5 years up from 1.1 years.
Aniplex2.0 years up from 1.9 years.
While some teams are going to pass us soon, we are holding our own against others. Good work guys.

Active folders and ranking:
Active FoldersRankingAve PPD
This week62 70th 1.67 million.
2 weeks ago 62 73rd 1.89 million.
3 weeks ago 69 (You guys had to do it didnÂ’t you?) 69th (Now how did you guys plan this one!?) 1.79 million.
4 weeks ago7070th 1.83 million.
7 weeks ago7372nd 2.01 million.
8 weeks ago79 66th 1.85 million.
9 weeks ago7471st 2.06 million.
10 weeks ago7775th 1.96 million.
11 weeks ago9676th 1.74 million.
IÂ’ve missed a lot of updates in the last 2-3 months. Geez oh Pete. (Sorry for the harsh language.) WellÂ… we just have to keep at it is all. Thanks guys.

Top 20 PPD:
1torin313.12 million.
2WhitehawkEQ12.10 million.
3OrbitalCat11.98 million.
4dfonda7.75 million.
5orion4567.55 million.
6P4EE6.48 million.
7superducky5.31 million.
8JrClocker4.98 million.
9penquininja4.84 million.
10Mark6204.62 million.
11BigBlockk4.18 million.
12harlam3573.18 million.
13DesertFlower232.85 million.
14hshtick1.89 million.
15ottoaxel1.78 million.
16rpkole1.50 million.
WeÂ’ve taken a huge hit in production. HayesK has dropped out and our top 20 only has 16 earning 1 million+. This includes my own drop in production. Now the biggest concern when folks drop out is that we hope they are OK. If you drop out please drop a note letting us know that you are healthy and well. We all understand that summer heat, electric cost and other factors get in the way of folding. We just want to know that you are well. Just keep doing what you can do. If you have to drop out for a bit, then so be it. Come back when you can.

Team Milestones.
penquininja just earned 600 million.
normlikeme just earned 90 million.
flifisher just earned 40 million.
OzoneOOO just earned his first 10 million!
brogre74 just earned 5 million.

Milestones are earned at all levels. Milestones are the best part of all this to me. We canÂ’t all have access to large farms of folding rigs. We all do what we can. Be it your first million, first billion or first trillion, milestones are awesome. Great job and thank you for your efforts. They all count.

World Top 200:
Times are especially tough on these guys since Stanford started including COVID into the mix. Cheers guys.

HayesK#42
Macaholic #60
WhitehawkEQ#65
P4EE#85
HayesK#97
torin3#122Moving up 3 spots since the last update!
orion456#125Moving up 1 spot.
JrClocker#154
RamonetB#188
RoXQI3x#195

Cliché list:
Build, Borg, Recruit. :borg: :comp: (From don256usÂ’ old timers)
If youÂ’re not having fun, youÂ’re doing it wrong.
ItÂ’s not how much you fold but if you fold. (don256us)
If you fold, then youÂ’re my friend. (don256us)
Keep your stick on the ice. (From The Red Green show)
A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.
Everything is within walking distanceÂ…. if you have the time. (From comedian Steven Wright)
SEND IT!
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Where ever we go that's where we will be.
“Make the noise!” (From Bad Obsession Motor Sports Youtube channel)
Pidder padder. (From Letterkenny show)

Please provide another cliché here.
Until next weekÂ…

Assuming I don't lose too much production now that I'm home and using my computer again, it looks like I'm going to be moving up about 10 slots over the next 3 - 4 weeks without a lot of people poised to pass me and force me back down again. I don't think it is quite enough to make it to the top 100 this year again, but I'll be getting close.

I lost about 5 days thanks to a tree taking out power lines just before I went out of town for the holiday weekend. Just got to wait for the average to come back up, but I've got my folders producing again.

I'll be working on some new parts for the PC in man cave that folds all summer. Need a bigger PSU and a modern case to fit two bigger GPU's. Should have a modest increase in a week. Replacing a RTX 2060 with a RTX 3060 Ti. Both small ,lower powered GPU's. Hopefully that will gain me a million per day....Hopefully.:thup:

Still hunting for 3070's and 3080's....:popcorn:

Appears the entire farm went down last Friday, about two days after I left home. Plan to be home late next week. Hopefully everything will restart OK.

Back