• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T32 EOC WIR 9Aug19: The day of the BILLIONAIRES!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
First, Congratulations fot HayesK for earning 8 billion and WhitehawkEQ for earning 7 billion! Those are big numbers worthy of an extra mention. Please reach out and congratulate each of them.

We’ve seen teams shoot up and then fade away before. banano.cc may end up being one of those but we’ve never seen a team shoot up so fast then drop out even faster than team Jobber. In two weeks’ time they earned over 1.2 billion points. The kicker? Are you ready for it? It’s one machine. One user. Just one guy. They must have been load testing a monster machine somewhere in the world. They went from not existing, to #177 in the world and are back down to zero points again. WOW! I just want to see that hardware.

Team Conquest/Threat List
[oldtable] None. |We have conquered |them all.
www.banano.cc | 5.8 months | down from 6.5 months.|
Jobber | 4.5 years.| Not really a threat. |
PC Games Hardware |7.7 years | down from 19.5 years. | [/table]
This has been a good week for us. We are starting to trend upwards which we desperately need. banano.cc only added 15 new folders so they are starting to slow way down. As has been the case since they started, they are gaining but the closing of the gap is slowing down. The question still remains as to if they will pass us before they fizzle out entirely. PC Games Hardware is still trending upwards with their #1 folder earning 35.7 million ppd. That is “Decent Jimmy.”

Active folders and ranking:
[oldtable]|Active Folders|Ranking|Ave PPD
This week |50 |28th | 1.11 million.
Last week |49 |27th |1.15 million.
2 weeks ago |53 |26th | 1.17 million.
4 weeks ago | 54 | 26th | 1.23 million.
5 weeks ago | 56 |26th | 1.17 million.
6 weeks ago | 56 | 26th | 1.10 million.
7 weeks ago |56 | 27th | 1.23 million.
8 weeks ago | 57 |29th | 1.31 million.
9 weeks ago | 56 | 27th | 1.33 million.[/table]
We gained one active folder, which is a quarter of what we lost last week. We’ve also lost one spot to 28th of team size. This means that other teams are bringing in “more iron” to “recover” their production goals.

Top 20 PPD:
[oldtable]1| HayesK | 12.85 million
2| Macaholic | 8.87 million
3| WhitehawkEQ | 7.98 million
4| JrClocker | 4.11 million
5| orion456 | 2.55 million
6| TC | 2.32 million
7| torin3 | 2.17 million
8| aviationfrk | 2.01 million
9| don256us | 1.95 million
10| belorsch | 1.60 million
11| squads | 1.30 million
12| DarkWarrior |
13| Lochekey |
14| P4EE |
15| harlam357 |
16| gabi golan |
17| JLK03F150 |
18| ProteinPete
19| hitman
20| Hack30[/table]
Some change and movement above. Keep up the good fight guys.

Individual Milestones:
(Note: The word “earned” acknowledges the hard work done to earn these points at all levels of production.)

[oldtable] HayesK just earned | 8 billion! | WOOT! |
WhitehawkEQ just earned | 7 billion! | WOOT! |
TC will earn | 700 million in 3.4 days. |
aviationfrk just earned | 600 million. |
squads just earned | 300 million. |[/table]
Honorable mention to tomchandra getting ready to earn 300k.

Team Top 100 or (Page 1):

Moving up three spots each:
hitman

Moving up two spots each:
squads
DarkWarrior

Moving up one spot each:
belorsch
ZL1

World Top 100:
Moving up in these ranks is difficult. Great job guys.

[oldtable] Macaholic |#16|
HayesK |#29|
HayesK |#41| |
WhitehawkEQ |#52| |
P4EE |#63|
RoXQi3x |#65|
RamonetB |#66|
orion456 |#89| | [/table]

MVP of the week!
Whitehawk EQ

WhitehawkEQ is our resident smart *** and a great guy. He has just earned his first 7 billion points which is a big number no matter what you’re counting. He has also recently confirmed that medical science has determined that his hart is defective but we all know that he has no hart so… WOOT!

Congratulations to everyone on their hard work and earned goals.

If you’re not having fun, you’re doing it wrong.
Build, Borg, Recruit. :borg: :comp:
It’s not how much you fold but if you fold.
Keep your stick on the ice.

Please provide another cliché here.
Until next week…

Looking at the quotes above: What pop culture show am I watching? Last week was The Red Green Show which was correctly guessed. WOOT!

I haven't been folding for a few years, but I rebuilt an old rig that I used to run just for fun, 3x Radeon 7870 on a sockat AM3+ board with an FX 8320 and started up folding at home to stress test it. I was getting about 180k PPD, I thought "hey that sounds like a good number". So I fired up my GTX 1060 to compare...hah! The darn thing makes almost 300k PPD and uses not even a 1/4 of the power, gotta love progress I guess. It was still cool to get the old girl back up and running though.

IMG_20190807_232011.jpg

...and the billions! Hey, I'm moving up the Top 20. :D

Looks like you added some folding power back in March. Keep up the good work! Thanks for keeping HFM working all these years...

My folding farm has been running mostly on auto-pilot past 2 weeks. I have been out-of-town since July 30 and will be home on August 17. A number of folding slots have been hung with the download issue, but wife has been able to reboot the affected hosts and keep the farm running with a little coaching. She deserves the praise for the most recent stone and for putting up with my folding hobby/obsession over all these years.

Looks like you added some folding power back in March. Keep up the good work! Thanks for keeping HFM working all these years...

My folding farm has been running mostly on auto-pilot past 2 weeks. I have been out-of-town since July 30 and will be home on August 17. A number of folding slots have been hung with the download issue, but wife has been able to reboot the affected hosts and keep the farm running with a little coaching. She deserves the praise for the most recent stone and for putting up with my folding hobby/obsession over all these years.

HayesK. Definitely kudos to your wife. Thank you for being rock solid for us for all these years.

Yeah, I picked up a 1660. It hit the mark on price point and architecture. I didn't want or need a huge power draw and heat production. Honestly, I stuck it in the machine and fired it up... and shamefully, I haven't made the time to OC it... even a little bit.

Heck, I'm still sitting on my 4P x 12 Core AMD setup. I don't run it that often because of said power draw, heat, and low production. If I could get 500K out of it like we used to get then I'd consider it. It did make quick work of encoding all my DVDs with Handbrake though, running 3 or 4 instances at a time. With a mix of several clients I might be able to squeeze out 100K. Heck, the other two CPUs I have running are good ole 2700Ks. :D

I'm just glad to see folks still using HFM. I get some chunks of time here and there to work on it and keep it running but I haven't really been able to anything major for years. I know you suffer from the "benchmark file gets too big" issue due to all your clients. I really want to get that data and the history data into normalized SQL, where it would be a better data source and wouldn't suffer the size issues of a binary file. I haven't forgotten. ;)

Kudos to the wife for being an excellent farm hand. :thup: Do you hear anything out of Charles? Curious how he's doing.

I'm just glad to see folks still using HFM. I get some chunks of time here and there to work on it and keep it running but I haven't really been able to anything major for years. I know you suffer from the "benchmark file gets too big" issue due to all your clients. I really want to get that data and the history data into normalized SQL, where it would be a better data source and wouldn't suffer the size issues of a binary file. I haven't forgotten. ;)

yes. I still have issues with the benchmark file. The fast GPU combined with short TPF wu cause issues. Currently run HFM on a dedicated laptop with SSD and 16GB ram, but still have issues with HFM crashing. I make copy of the benchmark file every few days. When there are a lot of short TPF wu, I disable HFM tracking on the fast GPUs to allow HFM to keep up.

Do you hear anything out of Charles? Curious how he's doing.

I was in Georgia earlier this year and spent the night at Charlie's house. He and his wife are in good health, but his finances are tight and he is not able to fold at the present time. For those who don't know, I began folding as HayesK over 10 years ago, but prior to that, I was a borg for ChasR.

Back