• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Take A Look At Those Mobos (nf2)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

G-PHoRCe

WOW WHEN I SAW THOSE MOBOS I HAD LIKE A REVELATION APPEARING IN FORNT OF MY EYES AND THE TEARS STARTED TO COME.....ESPECIALY FOR THE CHAINTECH NFORCE 2 MOBO WHO HAS SOME REALLY HIGH VOLTAGE SETTING FOR EVERYTHING LOOK AT THE PIC, THIS IS A "SLAP" IN THE FACE.
HERE FOR THE CHAINTECH
http://www.vr-zone.com/Previews/7NJS/
HERE FOR THE CHAINTECH AND THE SOLTEK
http://www.vr-zone.com/#2714
THERE IS ONLY ONE THING TO SAY, THE CHAINTECH BOARD IS WORTH IT'S 188 BUCK!!!

h0mersimps0n

ok so where can I get these bad boys? What about ABIT and EPOX, I'm going with one or the other, probably depend on who offers the highest vcore and cheapest price... I WANT ONE NOW!

OP
G-PHoRCe

G-PHoRCe

Warehouse said:
how good is Chaintech compared to the likes of epox and abit?

I DON'T REALLY KNOW BUT THE CHAINTECH HAS AN HIGHER VDIMM, VCORE, AND AGP VOLTAGE; AND ALL OF THEM ARE ADJUSTABLE THROUGH THE BIOS. THOSE ARE REACHING PRETTY HIGH SETTING COMPARED TO THE OHTER BOARD WITHOUT ANY MODDINGS. SO I THINK FORDAT FOR "LAZY" OVERCLOCKERS SUCH AS ME' WHO DON'T WANT TO TRY SOME CRAZY SOLDERINGS OR MODDING THINGS, CHAINTECH HAS A CONSIDERABLE ADVANTAGE FOR US.

Miknow

G-PHoRCe said:

I DON'T REALLY KNOW BUT THE CHAINTECH HAS AN HIGHER VDIMM, VCORE, AND AGP VOLTAGE; AND ALL OF THEM ARE ADJUSTABLE THROUGH THE BIOS. THOSE ARE REACHING PRETTY HIGH SETTING COMPARED TO THE OHTER BOARD WITHOUT ANY MODDINGS. SO I THINK FORDAT FOR "LAZY" OVERCLOCKERS SUCH AS ME' WHO DON'T WANT TO TRY SOME CRAZY SOLDERINGS OR MODDING THINGS, CHAINTECH HAS A CONSIDERABLE ADVANTAGE FOR US.

Is your caps lock button broken? I get those days....anyway Chaintech seemed to make a reputable company of themselves I remember when their video cards were crap back then

mook

Registered
Only 200fsb?

Hahahahahahahahahaha....:p

*Takes a deep breath*

Hahahahahahahahahaha....:D

Ok....in all seriousness, 200fsb is a sneeze in the wind compared to what they SHOULD have designed the board to do. Please see the link below:

Abit's Nforce2

Pity it doesn't have the 4 mounting holes, but I'll guess we'll make due somehow, right? :)

attack

Cut the damn caps out, that's hard to read and anoying as hell.

Good find though, I'd buy the chaintech if it had adjustments that went beyod 200 FSB (which a BIOS update could probably fix). With good Vcore, Vmem, and holy **** about time, a Vagp! An overclockers dream!

OP
G-PHoRCe

G-PHoRCe

SORRY FOR THE "CAPS" THING (;
but anyway I agree with most of the y'all reactions but I’d rather wait to see all of the mobos that are coming out before to buy the CHAINTECH BOARD because I remember when the SOYO KT333 ULTRA went out I’ve rushed myself online to buy it and what was my surprise, after all the wonderful things they said about my conclusion was” yes, this is a good board if you don't want to overclock" but for this mobo I think that the 200 for the fsb will be increased as a new bios is coming out. I also hope that the Abit nf2 board will have some high Vcore, Vdimm and Vagp because it's useless to have the possibility to increase the fsb to incredible speed if your voltage can't follow it because I am one of those people who doesn't want to avoid the warranty on a brand new mobo.....

Deathknight

G-PHoRCe said:

Dude chill with the caps

OP
G-PHoRCe

G-PHoRCe

Deathknight said:

Dude chill with the caps

OK OK I got it now, now chill out with that. If ya gotta say something about those new motherboard coming out, then speak out, everybody will listen to you, but it's enough now with the caps, this thread is not about caps.

PCphreak

enough with the CAPS....I just can't take it anymore...my head wants to implode....ok, so I really don't care-

Anyhow, about the Chaintech®- Is it just me, or do some of those colors make this board look like H 3 L L?? A black board with florescent yellow slots isn't bad....but the gold plating on everything else really makes this board look strange.
I'd want this board in a case W I T H O U T a window....Who knows, maybe these pictures aren't doing it any justice...
Picture%20657%20copy.jpg

-PC