• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Take a Look.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
InitialSample.jpg

Ok, say each modem connection is DSL, and the routers are nexlands "or whatever they are called, anyway they support Dual WAN Connections" What else would that picture need to have them all work as one on that workstation ?

the problem i see is too many proxies behind each other. I don't know if i'm using the correct term, but its kind of how you can't connect through a computer that conects through another computer to the internet, unless you are using transparent proxies.

I guess if you enabled DMZ mode on all the secondary routers, then it would work.

why not get rid of thouse 2 middle routers

there not nesscary beucase there is nothing for them to route it just goes from them to another router

if it were liek that then there would be two connections right ?
one comming from each router, anyway the 4 outer routers would connect with specific usernames and passwords, then the other within would just obtain an automatic IP

I was just told by someone

With one good Cisco router you can cut out 6 of the others.

Would anyone know a model # for a Cisco that could do that ?

i guess that depends on the traffic

you could get a cisco 1280 but that would set you back about a mill after you fill it with cards

cack01 said:
I'm dying to know where this place is that has 6 DSL connections.

? you just order the service and they'll hook you up. it's liek that here anyway : /

Why not do it the fun/cheap/easy way?

Get a decently-powered computer, like a P2/500+ with a bit of ram in it. (something that can handle the traffic)
Buy 2x "4-port NIC" cards (look like a reguar NIC, except there's 4 RJ45 jacks on the back, they act like 4 seperate NICs in 1 card)

Plug 6 of them into the various DSL modems, 7th into your LAN, and 8th "for future upgrades?"

Then download and install Smoothwall or similar router OS software, make sure it supports "connection round-robining", so that for every new connection, it'll use a different DSL line. (Note: this may not work with some programs/games due to the fact that your computer is sending/recieving from 6 different IP addresses:eh?: )

Edit: after checking the smoothwall manual, i'm not 100% sure smoothwall supports connection round-robining... :eh?: I installed it once, and I'm pretty sure there was a way to add more than one "RED" (internet) NIC.

Last edited:
Back