• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Take off a heatsink ... ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
A

alex

This may sound kind of stupid, but how do you take off a heatsink off a processor ( it's a factory one that came with it, and the processor is a p3 coppermine 900MHz) Thanks in advance !

If It won't come off if you loosen the clip, you can try some nice equipment like a chainsaw or a crowbar to loosen it ???

No really, what is the problem, if you are some more specific perhaps someone on the forum can help you.

just take the clip, bend it down gently and press outward. Should come right off.

Be very very carful!!! I just broke my mobo a few days ago taking off my heatsink with a screwdriver and a wood chissel... I went down to my friends place and he showed me how to do it the right way... You put the screwdriver at more of an angle so it wont slip off the latch and smack into your mobo...

Would there be any danger removing the Heatsink ? (like to damage the core or whatever ?!)

alex (Aug 01, 2001 01:10 a.m.):
Would there be any danger removing the Heatsink ? (like to damage the core or whatever ?!)

why do you want to remove it. If its for fun, don't do it. If you are getting a better one, then do it. There are dangers, but if you are careful you should have no probs.

Back