• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Taking the Plunge!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mag10

So I intend on getting my custom loop up and running CPU only for now, with my current setup with an upgrade within a year maybe 2.

Black Ice Nemesis 280GTS® U-Flow Radiator
Noctua NF-A14 IPPC fans
EK-Supremacy EVO (CSQ) - Nickel/Acetal(might just do Cu/Ace)
Swiftech MCP355
Monsoon Series Two Dual 5.25" Reservoir
PrimoChill Rigid Revolver Compression 3/8" x 1/2" Diamond Knurled
PrimoChill 1/2in Rigid PETG Tubing - 36in - UV Blue (4 Pack)

I also want to add an additional pump in series in the future for several reasons. I also will most likely be changing the case which natively support 420mm radiators.
Just doing a check to make sure I'm not missing anything as for the loop its self.

Have you bent tubing yet? No that easy.

Why a MCP 355? It has barbs. Not G1/4 fittings. Why not a MCP 50X pump?

Parts are okay but I see a lot of fog. Liquid? Heat load you plan to have?

Just not a lot of info to see if it looks okay.

Have you bent tubing yet? No that easy..

I did my first wc build and I used the same tubing. I purchased the Monsoon Pro Bender Kit and this helped out a lot. If you're just making one bend, say 90 degree, it's really simple to get the tubing bent, it's the multi-bend ones I had difficulty with... just make sure that you heat the tube enough before you try to bend it. If it's not ready, you could put a kink in it so make sure you have a few spare tubes. I purchased 2 of the 4 packs and had plenty left to try some very creative bends.

Definitely get a pump with G1/4 fittings... I would not use bards when you're doing rigid tubing.

Have you bent tubing yet? No that easy.
Just not a lot of info to see if it looks okay.
Well as for the 355 I can swap that out with a pump topped version or get a top that fits my ideal orientation I have planned. The 355 was more of a filler for just the time being till I can find the specific setup I intend to do, which is more for tube routing as well as function. As i mentioned, when i perform my upgrade the intention is to add a 420+pump for a couple of additional reasons. I may even do with a D5, but as this is till the planning phase some things are subject to change.

Parts are okay but I see a lot of fog. Liquid? Heat load you plan to have?
The fluid I have is just water with silver added into the loop. obviously not just tap water or anything stupid like that.

I did my first wc build and I used the same tubing. I purchased the Monsoon Pro Bender Kit and this helped out a lot. If you're just making one bend, say 90 degree, it's really simple to get the tubing bent, it's the multi-bend ones I had difficulty with... just make sure that you heat the tube enough before you try to bend it. If it's not ready, you could put a kink in it so make sure you have a few spare tubes. I purchased 2 of the 4 packs and had plenty left to try some very creative bends.

Definitely get a pump with G1/4 fittings... I would not use bards when you're doing rigid tubing.
As for the barbs as mentioned previously please ignore those for now as I will have compression for rigid tubing that I will be using.
I have also done quite a bit of research on the use of PETG, and feel quite confident in my ability to work with the materials.

Back