• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Talk about price gouging.. OUCH

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
people should not vendors that pull this crap and stay away from them for all future purchases. crazy

Meet "The Face Behind The Store"

(Found it on Fark earlier today).

But actually surprised it's not only shipped BUT SOLD by Newegg. I mean, I've heard of certain sellers on Amazon/Ebay using automation to basically track competing items and price theirs just ever so slightly cheaper in order to appear higher in the rankings, but from the parent company...?

I hope this guy gets doxed. As a nurse in a busy Emergency Department this infuriates me. We have families, parents and children at home to worry about. If/when my hospital runs out of protective equipment I will be putting my 81 year old father at even greater risk. You might not think that hand sanitizer seriously impacts patient care vs hand washing with soap and water, but that's 20 seconds that could have been spent walking down the hall to do something else. It all adds up really quickly when you consider that hand hygiene has to be performed before and after each patient interaction, as well as multiple times during a patient interaction such as before and after aseptic procedures. This all adds up to easily half an hour of lost time over a 12 hour shift. This isn't just my personal time or me staying at work late, it's patient flow through the department, leading to increased wait times where people are potentially exposed to infectious disease like influenza and yes covid19.

Anyway sorry for the rant, I think individualism is one of our country's strengths but the ability of a few people to ruin things is always there. I just can't believe this guy saying he believes he is doing a public service!

That guy got to #2 trending on twitter, and seems to be popping up on top of imgur all day, his face, what state he lives
You can imagine people getting the pitchforks ready because he was trying to sell 17k bottles of hand sanitizer for $80 each which he probably payed $1-4 each for.

Meet "The Face Behind The Store"

(Found it on Fark earlier today).

But actually surprised it's not only shipped BUT SOLD by Newegg. I mean, I've heard of certain sellers on Amazon/Ebay using automation to basically track competing items and price theirs just ever so slightly cheaper in order to appear higher in the rankings, but from the parent company...?

Exactly what I mean, this is from NEWEGG it self not their marketplace..

It does seem a little steep. Being sold and shipped by newegg, perhaps it's 'almost' normal price?
--
I've read about that guy. I can understand "business is business", but if you read how he hoarded all these supplies going store to store in the neck of woods, to resell them at profit, makes my stomach turn. Thos kind of practice doesn't sit well with me.

A lot of states (Ohio I know for sure) have laws against price gouging I'm sorting like this

The price gouging laws are out of date however, they were mainly made for gas stations charging 5x the amount for gas after a hurricane (or water selling for 10x the amount at retail stores ect...)
They werent made/updated to cover online sales, so alot of these just get away with it or just have their account deleted to which they just create another one and just relist everything, amazon and ebay have taken pretty good steps in stopping it but there are plenty of other storefronts.

Back