• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TB Advantage over Palamino?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
advantage

An extra bit of clock speed is what it comes down to.

so the 1600+ pal is still the way to go? i was lookin into the 1700+ throughbred...guess itll be 1600+ =]

TB vs Pally

in that case, I'd get the TB if I had the right cooling for it and if it was less than $125 (US). Would do well on a kt333 with good ram and stock multiplyer.

i have watercooling so cooling really isnt a issue...ok thnx...back to the 1700+ throughbred then =]

ok so what would be your opinions, should i go for the 1700+ tbred or the pal 1600+?

Ya, we don't know yet, the 1700 tbred is too new.

0) 1600+ pally at $52, 1700+ Tbred at $75, and MOBILE 1600+ tbred at $120. Those seem to be my candiates right now.

1) 1600+ palimino average OC is 1700 mhz in the CPU database, say newer ones at 1800.

2) The early tbreds OC to well, unknown, not on the OC database right now.

ANYONE GOT A GUESS? I could be way off, say 2000 mhz??

3) NO GUESS on the moblie 1600 tbred. I would guess this would be better than the 1700 non mobile, as you can give it more even more juice over the lower defualt voltage, but who knows.

4) I've heard that the tbreds in general RUN HOTTER, so your watercooling should do you good.

I vote for the 1700 tbred, not much more, and you get to help the rest of us out by letting us know how fast it OCs. :)

Good luck

Back