• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TB are unlocked??????????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rizge

I have been hearing from most of the people that TBs are unlocked by default
now i i read some info and i get it is locked and i need to unlock it myself
please explain this to me
is it unlocked or not?

maxima88

It it's a tbird, then most of them are already factory unlocked.

A tbred chip should also be unlocked but it will depend on your mobo to recognize it as being unlocked. Most of the newer NF2 mobos should be able to let you use all avail multipliers.

Last edited:

The Coolest

Well if its a Tbird then 1.2GHz and up with a 133MHz FSB are all unlocked while everything else is locked.

If you're talking about Tbreds (which I think you are) then all tbreds are unlocked, and motherboards don't have anything to do with it. But as mentioned in previous post, some mobos will only let you have either lower multi range (x5-x12.5) or higher multi range (x13-x24), and some can set any multi value through the BIOS. I know for sure that the Abit NF-7 (nForce2 chipset) mobo has all multies available to it, while AFAIK the EPoX 8RDA(+) doesn't, and has either higher or lower range.

But in short EVERY SINGLE Thoroughbred chip is physically unlocked.

altec

polka dot ninja
Yes, it depends on if the motherboard recognizes the bit to allow you to use the full range of multipliers.

PhobMX

does unlocking 5th l3 bridge on the newer athlonxp 1700+ tbredb axda juihb dl3tc XPMW 0310 still work?

what about the bartons??? i have yet to know if my mobo supports barton, it possitive i can get one but do i need to unlock it on kt333 mobos???

modenaf1

PhobMX said:
does unlocking 5th l3 bridge on the newer athlonxp 1700+ tbredb axda juihb dl3tc XPMW 0310 still work?

what about the bartons??? i have yet to know if my mobo supports barton, it possitive i can get one but do i need to unlock it on kt333 mobos???

What does that do? I mean the 5th L3 bridge. arent they already unlocked?

PhobMX

AFAIK, kt400 chipsets will only detect higher multis and you have to unlock for lower... and nforce2 will unlock any... its strange the epox one doesnt...

IceMan3928

AFAIK=as far as i know.
ok, i just have to ask this cause im about to buy 2 tbreds for a dual setup and i dont wanna screw it up:
in order for me to have 2 1700 tbredB's with ALL multipliers available on a K7D Master mobo and for them to show up as MP's, what bridges do i need to cut/connect?
thanks

DEMONstrator

Registered
My XP2600+(tbrd fsb 333) is fully factory unlocked. I can get higher and lower multiplier settings no probs (except for stability at higher clocks)