• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tbred Q

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pby5cat

If I run a Tbred at 166 fsb and turn down the multiplyer to match stock speed, would the chip work? My logic is if the Tbred cores have the capibility to run at 166fsb whenever AMD decides they what to sell those. also what are my chances of getting an unlocked Tbed Rev. B at PR 2000 or PR 2200 from lets say Newegg?

]-[itman

pby5cat said:
If I run a Tbred at 166 fsb and turn down the multiplyer to match stock speed, would the chip work? My logic is if the Tbred cores have the capibility to run at 166fsb whenever AMD decides they what to sell those. also what are my chances of getting an unlocked Tbed Rev. B at PR 2000 or PR 2200 from lets say Newegg?

The answer to your first question is yes, as long as the rest of your system can handle it. Memory, pci/agp cards, and hdd all need to be able to run at that speed(see if your motherboard can change the divisor if they can't). For your last question, they haven't started making Rev.B cores for those models yet, so you wouldn't be able to buy one from any store.

Tipycol

Actually they have been making the Tbred B cores for a while (because some members have them), however they are quite rare. If you are planning on only getting a Tbred B, then I would wait a while until there is a place that actually guarantees Tbred B's.

Xeon24

Registered
Well, newegg.com are now selling 1700+ TBred cores for $75. I couldn't tell you if it is an A or a B, although I just ordered it. The word is that AMD is only producing B cores at this time, and I dont think it'd make sense for em to make em on the old A revision, athough I've heard that they have been making the A versions, but just waiting for current supplies of the XP line to run out?? Not sure, but I'll post back when I get my chip.

Emericana

the tbred on newegg is A i think i was browsing another forum and someone on there got one and found out it was 0232 rev A

athlonoc

I am very keen to know how you know if the TBred I have is rev A or rev B.

How can I tell

Thanks

Lee

Starfoxer

World's Biggest E-Thug
tell us the stepping and you shall see

tbred A's arent bad, i got nearly 800mhz overclock out of my
1600+

OP
pby5cat

pby5cat

Xeon ill be awayting ur post.
thanks for the replies and ceep them comming.
starfoxer did u get my PM about the fans?

DiaperGravy

I'm Not sure what size your CPU is but if its a 2200+ then it's either a >>> AXDA2200DKV3C, that's a Throughbred A. Or AXDA2200DUV3C, that's a Throughbred B.

Check the articale by ED for other sizes on the front page of overclockers.com

DpGravy:D