• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team 32! *I Challenge You*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hehe....vonkaar checked your threats recently?
Sterculus 34 -8 17,482.00 27.23 Jul 24, 2005 11:00 PM
I'll see you in 2005 :D
Edit:
Also just broke 50 CPUs

Last edited:
I'll be checking up on 2 palominos tomorrow and updating thier clients to 3.25. I'll also be adding 4 or 5 others (P3's). All around 9am tomorrow, so maybe a day for the pallys to turn in a wu, and the P3's are part-timers so it'll take them a week probably.

I've also got 2x 1600+ and 2x 1800+ that are down because I'm working on the servers they're in- FreeBSD, but it can fold and I have a script to do it. I just wanted to get other things functional before I switched on folding.....

Guess I need to step it up!

Last edited:
Hmmm... look at my production =p. I've dropped into 7k atm. A week will go by and everything will be back to normal and the threats will clear... as they always do ^_^.

i wish i could just end this silly contest, except i have 2 tests tommorow and the drunkest weekend of all time ahead of me, good old homecoming. someone better beat me before next week, or else!!

Dude... you are sitting at 58 processors... how hard is it to grab 2 more?? Shove it down their throats! Borg a radio shack =p. You are so close!

BAH!!! I don't know what is going on. I should have at least 59 processors on the stats page but it is showing 46. Everything seems to be running correctly and they are turning in WU's. Heck check my stats since Tuesday.

Is there a reason it would not count right? Could multiple machines be posting under the same Machine ID?

My drive for 65 CPU's continues.... missed my chance to get the P3's and palominos (an hour drive to get there is what makes it difficult). And the downed server palomino CPU count is actually 6, not 4 as I originally thought. I'm working on those servers again tonight, so maybe I can get them folding again while I'm engaging their hardware and services in total war...

I don't know what to say.... GTSimmo finally sent me a PM. I won't quote him directly but the gist of it is SWG pwns all, folding is lame. NaSsoccer and I are not really into folding so much anymore, but I'll mention it when we play SWG later.

He says he's still folding he guesses. I don't know what that means exactly, but I suppose he still has the software and launches it now and then. I know at one time he had 6 CPU's going between him and his friends. I think that would mean he has as many as 2 or 3 CPU's personally that may or may not be folding.

I'm still aiming for 65 because that is what vonkaar claims to have and because I can't absolutely know for sure if other sare contributing CPU's to OC3d besides me.

I dunno, I feel kind of dispirited. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Nono... I have the 60, but you said you had to hit 65 since 5 of those aren't yours =p.

I actually have about 70 pcs folding, but the goal here was 60 since that was the current display when I started the contest. I'm not sure who all you had listed in the team, which is why I didn't want teams involved in the first place. However, since OC3d was almost completely your project from the beginning, I didn't see a problem with allowing you to win with 65. If you think you have 60 folding and it still displays 60, more than likely you are the only person in your team... and you would win by default.

I basically take the honesty factor here. If you truly feel that you are folding alone and your team hits 60, just say so. I know that if you heard from a team member and he said that he IS contributing still, you would be honest with it. That's a non-concern as far as I'm.. er.. concerned.

btw... I have a few people in my old EQ guild folding for me and they keep it running 24/7, even while playing EQ. They haven't ever experienced any issues and are a top guild on the server. euphoriaguild.com . Maybe try the whole "it doesn't hurt your gameplay" schpeil?

GTS and NAS were both hard-core folders a year ago. GTS had half a dozen between him and his friends, and NAS had his own personal farm and a small lab of about 20. GTS didn't give me any numbers, which is what I asked for. I know NAS stopped awhile ago or at least quit OC3d. :(

As I said, I can't be sure if GTS still folds or with how much, so I'm still going for 65 out of fairness, and because if I win anything I want to feel I did so honestly. I'm just depressed to see the loss of the folding spirit in two of my friends (one of them a Team Cpt. of 32). I knew OC3d was ailing this spring and summer, but I hadn't realized everyone but me had deserted it.

Now I feel I gotta personally make up the difference!

Last edited:
That's sad that GTSimmo and NAS have abandoned folding. Personally, I play SWG and still fold..there isn't any lag caused by folding and I don't really see any reasons why I couldn't both play and fold.
Anyways, that's their decision.
Hmmm...back to the race, I need 8 more CPUs for the 60.

everyone check out my active processors!!!!!!!! I may have sealed the deal on this one!!!! now to just stay there for a week!

folding60.jpg

y0bailey said:
everyone check out my active processors!!!!!!!! I may have sealed the deal on this one!!!! now to just stay there for a week!

Haha... I forgot about the 1 week rule! I forgot to edit the post and say that but then as I'm reading through the thread I see where I said I'm gonna do that sooo... yeah. Must maintain for one week ^_^.

If I remember right, you said you wanted the water-cooling package, right? I'll start packing the stuff up for shipping if ye like =p.

Good Job on hitting 60 Active CPUs !!!!!!

I hope that no one is abandoning the cause, especially a team leader!

FOLD ON!!!!

Last edited:
Back