• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team Racers Report in!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I see the points the have been made, and agree with them- all.

The only thing that I personally would take exception to would be if someone intentionally sandbagged- ie: knew that their office/friends/whatever had a big pile of machines that they were allowed to crunch with, but didn't use until AFTER the race started intentionally.

In other words: if your normal, regular stats consisted of 1 pc at home and twelve at work- fine! Your output would be consistent.

At least that is the way I see it.

rogerdugans said:
I see the points the have been made, and agree with them- all.

The only thing that I personally would take exception to would be if someone intentionally sandbagged- ie: knew that their office/friends/whatever had a big pile of machines that they were allowed to crunch with, but didn't use until AFTER the race started intentionally.

In other words: if your normal, regular stats consisted of 1 pc at home and twelve at work- fine! Your output would be consistent.

At least that is the way I see it.
That's along the same lines as what I was worried about.

Hey, what the heck: worst possible case Berkeley gets a bunch more wus crunched , and OCSetiTeam gets (most:) )of them.

And we learn something for the next time.

It's all in fun, so lets have some fun!

the way i see it if your using work systems for crunchin as it is
thats cool
what i find uncool is growing your farm with silly numbers of computers to win a race

in the end,lets just have some fun and crunch on!
:)

I think rules would be bad. Some would follow them others would not. So free for all will work best I think. If the races get out of hand we can declare a winner and restart.

Hey,

Heres my 2 cents...

If you can get 2 or 200 PC's crunching SETI at work, then I think you should. Of course, make sure that you are allowed to do it, so you wont get in any trouble like that other guy did.

The outcome would be a s**tload of WU for the team as a whole, and thats a good thing overall.

If it makes a race lopsided, then it does. But, the next race, the added WU will change the player drafting dramatically.

One of the major points of the race, is to get more crunchers involved in the team/family spirit of competing.

I'm already looking for that little extra FSB here and there, as I'm sure most of the team players are too.

After all, how many of us think that they can catch up with TC?
Yeah, I know...

But, how much fun would it be to beat his team?
Hehe, you bet! :D

Lets not make it a debate about what you can and cant do in the race. It's mainly for fun.

Ok, so maybe thats more than a nickles worth...heh

Wookie8662 said:
Hey,

Heres my 2 cents...

If you can get 2 or 200 PC's crunching SETI at work, then I think you should. Of course, make sure that you are allowed to do it, so you wont get in any trouble like that other guy did.

The outcome would be a s**tload of WU for the team as a whole, and thats a good thing overall.

If it makes a race lopsided, then it does. But, the next race, the added WU will change the player drafting dramatically.

One of the major points of the race, is to get more crunchers involved in the team/family spirit of competing.

I'm already looking for that little extra FSB here and there, as I'm sure most of the team players are too.

After all, how many of us think that they can catch up with TC?
Yeah, I know...

But, how much fun would it be to beat his team?
Hehe, you bet! :D

Lets not make it a debate about what you can and cant do in the race. It's mainly for fun.

Ok, so maybe thats more than a nickles worth...heh

well said :) i agree compleatly

if we get this race thing going for a while (i.e. have several more races in the future) then why not have classes so to speak. you could have the open class...where everything goes all the way down to the single cruncher class...a team made of only 1 cruncher users. that would keep it fair and fun.

zangler said:
if we get this race thing going for a while (i.e. have several more races in the future) then why not have classes so to speak. you could have the open class...where everything goes all the way down to the single cruncher class...a team made of only 1 cruncher users. that would keep it fair and fun.

That sounds like a good idea, zangler. I guess we'd classify this one as an Open Class. Using your system, that would work in the single machine people who think they're too slow to compete in the other races, too. I like it.

How about this, I lost 2 crunchers right as the races were being organized. If I get my systems, I will only count 2 of them as they would be considered upgrades - anything else that is new equipment, I will either wait until the end of the race to get them crunching (which may be a moot point anyways - ETA on the new equip is 30 - 60 days and I would still have to build and config them), or give basher the production numbers from those rigs and have them deducted from my totals.

I think that a number of good points have been brought up, and bear thinking about.

But as far as the classes go: we have started, lets just call this one Open Class (meaning anything goes- except patched clients) and see what happens.

Just wanted to check in and thank Cy for drafting
the little fat, crippled kid (w/his measly 2.71 wu/day average last week).

And before getting accused of sandbagging, explain that my main cruncher (of 2) came down with the dubious Abit capacitor problem. My SA6R had 18 6.3v 1500uf capacitors of which 6 were leaking electrolytic and another 10 were bulging. That leaves 2 that looked normal.

I removed and replaced all 18 with 10v 1500uf caps and now all is good. S/B back up to my 6+ wu/day average in no time :cool:.

Back