• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team Xtreem 1866Mhz DDR3 and Rampage Extreme

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

radi4fun

I was wondering if anyone here has ever come across using this ram and REX combo before. I am about to get the Team Xtreem 1866Mhz DDR3 ram and a very nice E8600 very soon to go along with my REX motherboard and I was hoping to squeeze every little drop out of this RAM and CPU on high end water. Just curious to see if any one else had successfully clocked this RAM to 2000Mhz+ without too much problem. I'm hoping to get around 4.7-4.8Ghz prime stable.

Specs of the new build.

Motherboard: Asus Rampage Extreme X48
CPU: Intel E8600 Batch Q820A405
GPU: Sapphire Vapor-X 4870 512MB
RAM: Team Xtreem 1866mhz DDR3 2GB (2X1GB)

WC Gear:
Cpu Block: HeatKiller 3.0 CU LGA 775
Radiator: HW Labs RX360 W/5-6 yate loon's high speed fans.
Pump: Dual DDC 3.2 pumps (it might be overkill for just cpu only loop, so I might just sell 1 if there is no performance increase by using 2)
Res: 2x EK400 res. and EK Dual pump top/dual bay res for DDC pumps (will just use 1 of the EK400 res if I go with single pump and EK top for the pump) and 1/2" tubing through the loop.

Will this WC be enough to pass 4.7-4.8Ghz 24hrs prime test? I have seen lots guys on High end Air do 4.4-4.5Ghz on E8600's at bunch of forums below 70*C. Maybe with this very good water i can do a bit higher and stay within 70*C. I would appreciate your guy’s thoughts and comments on this. I’m wondering if the RX360 is good enough or should I have gone with PA120.3 or something similar.

I have a PA120.3 and have used it for duals and quads, I'm sure your 360 will be more than enough even if you added your GPU. Mine is currently cooling a 4870X2 and a i7-860and it is doing the job nicely

I have a PA120.3 and have used it for duals and quads, I'm sure your 360 will be more than enough even if you added your GPU. Mine is currently cooling a 4870X2 and a i7-860and it is doing the job nicely

I don't really plan on putting the GPU under water because i want to give CPU the best cooling that i can afford. And plus the games that I play like BF2 and similar play just perfectly well on 1920X1200 under the stock 4870. and if i buy a full cover 4870 block, i don't think this sapphire card is a refrance board, not sure (have no idea how to check) it would be cheaper to just probably sell the 4870 and for the amount of money i would have to pay for the full cover block, i can get something like 4890 or 5770.

Not to be a stickler but wouldn't this thread get better replies in the RAM topic?

true, this is mainly about the RAM being fast enough and cpu. Not really the board as i know this board will do 500+FSB for sure.

Hey, I know that board =D

i know what you thinking. this is actually a different board. your board is in better hands now ;) oh btw curious, can you tell me or show me the links to all those copper hfs you had on the board that i got fromyou? i would love to replace it on this new board as well :D shoot me a pm when you get a chance please.

Back