• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TEC on gf2 pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wildbilly2k

whatkind of cooling would i need on my gf2 to peltier cool it with lets say a 40w peltier? Right now i have a blorb but i dont think that will cover it in the least bit so im thinking about putting a stock 1.2 ghz tbird cpu hsf.

OP
wildbilly2k

wildbilly2k

ok so your saying that the blue orb can cool it or the 486 heat sink with the fan can cool it

OP
wildbilly2k

wildbilly2k

sweet guys thanx im going to frys electronics to get the TEC and then home depot to get plastic washer for the heat sink

OP
wildbilly2k

wildbilly2k

ok ill just get a 60 then
but i got a quick question i know my power supply can handle a peltier cause it is a 480w but should i just connect the peltier to the 5 volt line? or does it depend on the one i get

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
you do need a cold plate.................... unless the peltier isnt larger than the chip itself...

OP
wildbilly2k

wildbilly2k

cool thanx but guess what happened when i got to frys today
i saw some pc3200 corsair ram on sale along with the asus a7v8x

oops

Warlord2

haha cool

hey tell us how the mobo performs, Ive been looking at the one for awhile but I just saw p4 price cuts:eek: 2.5ghz for $220 and you can oc to 3.2ghz with just plane watercooling, cant wait to see what it will do with supercooling:eh?: