• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tecra 8100 hard drive replacement

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xaotic

Very kind Senior
Do you have the mounting kit for it. Most of the older drives used a casing with electrical connectors to mount the drives. Some of the later models of some manufacturers use a connector to change the type of connector to a theoretically more reliable system. If not, most are available online, but usually at exorbitant prices.

OP
memnoch349

memnoch349

I NEED TO CONTACT SILVERSINKSAM
I dont think it needs a mounting kit, the slot in the lappy looks to be staright forward. I guess my biggest question is...which way does the top of the drive face when I install in the lappy?

OP
memnoch349

memnoch349

nother question....when you replace a hard drive in a lappy do the norms apply? Does it automatically see the drive and such?

Randall

I'm purchasing a Tecra 8000 from a friend of mine and will be installing the 20GB Toshiba notebook drive from NewEgg in the next week or two, so I'll let you know when I do it. But!---

If anyone does know anything about this, please post and help us out! Thanks.
-R

OP
memnoch349

memnoch349

I finally got it, it didnt have the caddy it was suppose to have to make it easier. It was difficult to work that new thin frame hard drive into there with no supporting caddy. Be careful too, I slightly bent two of the pins on the connector inside the bay:rolleyes: But it works fine so far