• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Teh 165 is here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seanohue

Well my Opteron 165 came today, stepping is CCBWE 0547TPMW. I am quite amazed at how cold it runs. SmartGuard reports the temps as 21 idle and BIOS as 23 Idle, havent had a chance to test load yet but you can bet I will be OCing tonight :) Stay tuned for updates.

Waiting, ... waiting ...
Waiting to see how yours OC's ... and

Waiting to get mine :eh?:
Dec 28, 2005 4:14 PM Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN

I wonder if we have identical chips? :drool:

Luck!

Yea, doesnt look like i can go to 3ghz, temps are good but i dont wanna put more than 1.6 in it. Ill burn it in for a week or so and see what happends. Tonight, I have to prime to make sure I'm good at 2.9

Try doing a SuperPI 32M Run. Thats one of the quickest tests to see if its stable at that speed before you try priming for hours on end to double check and make sure. Dual Instances

Yikes!
That looks like a GREAT chip and VERY nice OC!!!

My chip has come in from Monarch, and it IS the same as yours - :santa:

AMD Opteron
OSA165DAA6CD
CCBWE 0547TPMW
13757AL50306
MALAYSIA

Now for a mobo and such ... :bang head

I wonder if the Expert could go a bit higher, or do you think it's just the "luck-of-the-draw" CPU?
Or something else ... ?

1.612? you will kill the cpu, AND the board overvolts. I wouldnt even try 1.5 on DFI.

Oranj said:
1.612? you will kill the cpu, AND the board overvolts. I wouldnt even try 1.5 on DFI.

And why do you say it overvolts? From a few that have actually taken the time to test the voltage with a digital volt meter it reads nearly dead on what the bios says.

I'd say 1.612V is kind of high but its within reason, depending on how cool it runs.

deathman20 said:
And why do you say it overvolts? From a few that have actually taken the time to test the voltage with a digital volt meter it reads nearly dead on what the bios says.

I'd say 1.612V is kind of high but its within reason, depending on how cool it runs.

I agree, I myself would not run over 1.6 everyday. However while testing my cpu I have pushed 1.725 through my proc and it still lives..lol Although I was very scared (and drunk) when I did that. :beer:

Back