• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tell me if this DEALis good or not!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XyKo

Disabled
I came across this site which have excelent ratings on resellerratings.com

They sell this computer which I can't believe to be so cheap!!

Here are the specs:

Cheiftec Server Chasis with window and 420Watts
AMD XP 2800
MSI KT4 Ultra KT400 ATA133
Dynatron DC1206BM-L615 High-End Cooler w/ 5300 RPM Fan
Corsair 512MB PC3200 DDR RAM
Western Digital 120GB 7200RPM Hard Drive - 8MB Cache Special Edition

Sapphire ATI RADEON 9700 Atlantis PRO 128MB DDR,325/310, DVI/TV-out/CRT AGP

Lite-On 16X DVD ROM Drive (48X CD-ROM Speed) - BLACK
Lite On 48x24x48 CDRW Model LTR-48246SBlack OEM
Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum Sound Card
Ambient (Intel) 56K V.92 PCI Modem
Linkskey LKF-5100 10/100 PCI Ethernet Card
Mitsumi 1.44 MB Floppy Drive - BLACK
ORtek Black MCK-800 Multimedia Keyboard
Black, 3-button, Scrolling Internet Easy+ Mouse. PS2
Multimedia Microphone with Base
MS Windows XP Home OEM

And the Price is only $1633 +64 shipping. That is a good deal is it?

or you can get the base for $1000 which the difference on
XP 2000
Samsung pc2700
60 gig
soung blaster live

while everything the same. ARite now it time for you guys to tell me if al these are good. I'm planning on buying some of them and sell on ebay. make me 500+. but first I want to change that video card with my g4 ti 4600.

metra

To me, it doesnt seem that great. I'm sure if you wait at least till the beginning of next year looking for good deals or dropping prices you can get the above for around a grand or even less. Oh and if you want to resell, you should get an ingram micro account or something and buy all the hardware from staples, pricematch, use coupons, and you'll get it. I'm not sure if you need the ingram micro account. Just search for "gonna" (trust me on that) at www.fatwallet.com/forums in the hot deals section. theres a huge discussion on it.

Last edited:

Captain Slug

Helpful Senior Member
That's not a great deal. And as suggested you may want to wait until the NV30 and nForce2 mature a little to get a new top-end machine.

If you're looking to get a new machine I can help you configure one. Just PM me with what your budget is and I can help you get the most for your money.

Last edited:

MajinSSJVegetto

I would definatly suggest building the computer yourself, getting as much help from these forums as you can.

When you search for the best price on each part you can make a great computer for so much less than any retail seller.