• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tell me whats killing me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oc jason

Well i got a GF2 pro 64mb DDR at default speeds for benchmarks-and i only get 2525 in 2001, what gives its a 750 tbird pc100 ram and 1xagp. I cant seem to enable higher then 1x with this new card. Even with wpcredit, also is it the 1x that is killing my scores. 12.90 drivers win2kpro sp2?

I believe that there are two things killing you.
1. Only running at 1x agp is causing a bottle neck between your gpu and your bus.
2 The second problem is that you have a 750.

Although you should be able to run games fine in high detail.

On an important note 3d mark 2001 is built on the GF3 gpu and is also designed for high end systems. You will find also that several of the tests didn't work, this is because it is a GF3 designed test, and hence not running the test will lower the final score, requiring the gf2 to perform on other tests.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Looks like a good rig but those marks are pushing the limits of what you have. I think if you had everything setup right you could get about 3000marks maybe.

Running ram at 133Mhz will probably buy you another 200marks imo.
Ensure you have DirectX 8.0a (or whatever is the latest version).
The 12.90 driver is mainly aimed at GF3 based cards. Try different drivers (Maybe 10.00 or 11.00 range).
I wouldnt worry about 3DMark2001 too much. Too many people base their computers speed on this program. Its only really a benchmark of how well your computer copes with the DirectX API. Try benchmarking with SiSoft. Its only synthetic performance but it gives a better image of your WHOLE computers speed.

You should try everything that has been stated above but, 1 other thing that hasnt been mentioned is that W2k dosent give high numbers, for example my P3 700@1053 with a Raedon64 and Corsair pc150 256mb ram, only scores 3090 in 3DMark2001... while scoring 4500 in 3DMark2000....

Like Pitspawn said speed and real life benchmarks is what alot are going for, SiSoft is great!!! but there are also many other benchmark programs out there, go to www.tweakfiles.com and check out there benchmark section you'll find alot of the progrmas there

[Oc]acaridans (Aug 01, 2001 08:20 a.m.):
You should try everything that has been stated above but, 1 other thing that hasnt been mentioned is that W2k dosent give high numbers, for example my P3 700@1053 with a Raedon64 and Corsair pc150 256mb ram, only scores 3090 in 3DMark2001... while scoring 4500 in 3DMark2000....

I need to ask... what? ...W2k dosent give high numbers, for example.... -- you do not need to run these benchmarks on different operating systems. 2000 and 2001 are only software identifications... 3dmark 2000 was made with the geforce 2 and radeons in mind, 2001 is for geforce 3 and next generation cards, but still benchmarks the older cards (just get lower scores since geforce 2 and back cannot run some of the benchmarks). Your reply confuses me :).

Windows 2000 on my systems has benchmarked the same as windows 98se, my other dual boot OS. Scores are 2-3 marks off, which basically means they're identical.

on 3d mark 2000 i get 4595 marks-that sux i got 3500 with my old 600 and TNT2 8 meg. Also i can enaable 2x with some progrm from tweakfiles.com but it loks up in 3d appz/games why is that my board is capable of 2x- o well jsut a matter of itme b4 the epox 8k7a+, 512 megs Pc2100 cas 2.5, and the new AHYJA 1.4 come it. Then the system will be rocking-but i still need a new soundcard

[OC] Jason (Aug 01, 2001 02:48 p.m.):
Also i can enaable 2x with some progrm from tweakfiles.com but it loks up in 3d appz/games

I would check into your BIOS first. My BIOS (GA-7ZX) has fields for AGP speed (1x/2x/4x) and the memory aperature for the video card (64MB in your case). That may be why it's locking up when you use the tweak to increase your AGP.

Back