• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temp 3 in Speedfan shows 119 C ?!?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Randyman...

Man that's hot. Try re-seating your HSF :p (Just kidding)

I have those, too. I think they are incompatible sensors or something else all together. Just un-check them in the "Config" tab, and Speedfan will no longer display those ficticious temps...

You can also re-name the Temps (CPU, MoBo, 200Gig HD, etc) and Fans (CPU Fan, PS Fan, Case Fan, etc) in the Config tab. Pretty cool...

:cool:

noxqzs

some motherboards have temp sensors built in. If you have a manual see if it has an external plug, and what type of sensor it supports. There are 2 types. 3wire, and 2 wire versions.

The basis for the monitoring is based on resistance. Resistance increases with temperature on these thermistors. When there is nothing plugged in, mathematically you could call it infinite resistance. An open circuit. The software can only report in a specified range and that is why its reporting the extremely high temperatures. If you set the max temperature limit on a sensor to say 250C and unplugged it, it would go to that max value as well.
hope that helps.

OP
M Diddy

M Diddy

My mobo temp sensor is reading correctly. That's temp 1. Temp 2 is my CPU. I just didn't know what temp 3 was and got a little worried.

Thanks guys!