• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temp in UK at year high, 7.2k delta time :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pitspawn

Today has been the hottest I've ever seen in the UK. It is a local area record. My case temperature normally around 24-25ºC was at an insane 35ºC open!

As I faced such a hot day I decided I'd try to sort out my delta once and for all. Before I tried using the delta for 2 weeks but I forced it to take a quick one way trip into orbit after that. The problem was mainly VIBRATION not sound. The sound of the delta is distracting but not annoying. The vibrations coming from the delta was actually dangerous for the computer compenents. I remember reading a post on how to use silicon gel to completely remove vibrations. I didnt want to go to this extreme but I had another idea.

I went down to my local hardware store bought 2 packs of rubber screw pads. I placed three on each screw and voila, I put the delta back on the cpu. The noise was pretty much the same BUT there was no refrigerator rattering sound now. Also, I touched the case and felt no vibration. I was happy. Now my temps are at...
CPU now ... 38ºC (5ºC difference)
AMB now ... 33ºC (2ºC difference)

Now all I need is info on where I can buy a rheostat in the UK or information how to make a proffesional looking one that can alter any fan w/o cutting its wires.

Back