• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tempreature

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrpops2ko

Registered
Can anybody help me here Im here is my computer specification
Number of CPUs 1

Cpu Name AMD Athlon XP (Barton)
Specification AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2500+
Family / Model / Stepping 6 A 0
Extended Family / Model 7 A
Package Socket A
Technology 0.13µ
Supported Instructions Sets MMX, Extended MMX, 3DNow!, Extended 3DNow!, SSE
Cpu Clock 1837.5 MHz
Clock multiplier x 11.0
Front Side Bus Frequency 167.0 MHz
Bus Speed 334.1 MHz
L1 Data Cache 64 Kbytes, 2-way set associative, 64 bytes line size
L1 Instruction Cache 64 Kbytes, 2-way set associative, 64 bytes line size
L2 Cache 512 Kbytes, 16-way set associative, 64 bytes line size
L2 Speed 1837.5 MHz (Full)
L2 Location On Chip
L2 Data Prefetch Logic yes
L2 Bus Width 64 bits

Motherboard manufacturer MSI
Motherboard model MS-6712, 1.0
BIOS vendor American Megatrends Inc.
BIOS revision Version 07.00T
BIOS release date 04/02/01
Chipset VIA KT400 (VT8377) rev. 0
Southbridge VIA VT8235 rev. 0
Sensor chip Winbond W83697HF

RAM Type DDR-SDRAM
RAM Size 512 Mb
RAM Frequency 334.1 MHz
RAM Interleave 4-way
CAS# Latency 2.5 clocks
RAS# to CAS# 3 clocks
RAS# Precharge 3 clocks
Cycle Time (TRAS) 7 clocks
# of memory modules 1
Module 0 DDR-SDRAM PC2100 - 512 Mb

AGP Status enabled, rev. 2.0
AGP Data Transfert Rate 4x
AGP Side Band Addressing supported, enabled
AGP Aperture Size 128 Mb

Windows version Microsoft Windows XP (Build 2600)

But I dont know if it is running too hot because its 55'C.
I dident make the computer so I dont know what heatsink/Fan I have got in.
If there is a program 2 tell you can U give me a link or tell me the program name and is my Computer running too hot

First off, air flow in a case is key for cooling. If you dont have cool air in you wont cool a cpu. So you want to make sure first of all you have AT LEAST 1 fan pulling in and 1 fan pushing out, And the power supply fan doesn't count. Next after you have determined you have good air flow through the case you should look at the heat sink and fan. It is mostlikely the stock AMD one. You should replace this with a better aftermarket HSF setup. If you cant because of money constraint, you should at least pull off the HSF and find out if there is any thermal compound on it. There is probably a thermal pad on there. Those are junk. Go to the local computer store and get some artic silver or the off brand that contains the same stuff. Compusa has 2 tubes for 9 bucks. Then use that. Follow the directions at http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silver_instructions.htm That should lower your temps.:D

What brand computer is this? What brand of case? If it is a small case you may need to get a bigger case to get the cpu and HSF out from under the Power Supply. You will have to open the case to determine what HSF is on the chip. Like CSaddict said is is most likely a stock hs supplied by AMD. They work well enough to secure the warrenty but if you are OCing even a little you should change it.

I assume you are getting your temp readings from the bios page. You should install Motherboard Monitor to get temp readings while the computer is under a load. You may be surprised at how hot your rig is running under a 100% load.

Back