• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temps... should I worry, or try to drop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HaM

Right now i have an AMD T-Bird 1.4 ghz at 1.4ghz... not overclocked. (134x10.5) I have an EPoX 8K7A+ mobo, and the bios is saying that my CPU temp is 35 degrees Celcius. Should i try to drop the temps more? SHould i worry at all?

Thanks

Matt

TranceBear

Big Daddy Bear Senior
HaM (Jul 30, 2001 01:21 a.m.):
Right now i have an AMD T-Bird 1.4 ghz at 1.4ghz... not overclocked. (134x10.5) I have an EPoX 8K7A+ mobo, and the bios is saying that my CPU temp is 35 degrees Celcius. Should i try to drop the temps more? SHould i worry at all?

Thanks

Matt

That sounds good, most stock chips that are that speed are higher, you are doing it right!!

mEKbOY

Sounds fine a good to me. It will probaly go to about 40c under load which is good with a hot 1.4ghz athlon. One thing..if you plan to overclock then you can easily but if you just want 1.4ghz at a cool temp then try lowering your voltage because i remember having my cpu at 1.4ghz running at 1.75 volts which will lower your tempsd another 2-3c.

Pitspawn

That temp is insanely low! That is especially true if you are only cooling your proc with air cooling. My comp uses a lower rated proc and voltage and you still beat it for temperature. Oh btw can you give us a load rated temp?