• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temps too hot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

touser

hi everyone i was wondering if my temps where too hot as i have no idea if they are or not, at idle as i type this my case is 28c and my cpu is 40c, i am not sure what it is under load..i am running the th7-raid mobo with a p4 1.7ghz, any help would be greatly appreciated

It's a bit high for your idle and with your case temperatures. Consider re-applying the thermal interface, and maybe even consider getting a better heatsink. What are you using right now

well, i am running a cooler master..thats probably one of the problems, and i didn't apply any arctic silver II to it because up until 2 weeks ago i didn't know it existed :), oh and was my case temp high? i couldn't tell from your post.

28 is definetly a good temperature. Hehe, mine is 35 with the side off. Anyways, ASII would probably drop about 6 degrees C off your current temp. You can score some at svcompucycle.com for $4+ shipping. You may also want to consider getting a more powerful fan. The Delta Black Label is good if you can stand its whine

thank you for the info it-the-cow, well its good to know about my case temp, i just got done installing 2 new fans into my case, one is a 120mm 108cfm fan which was so huge it wouldn't fit inside my full tower case, it is mounted on the side door, and the other is a 92mm 42cfm, those are the only 2 fans i have other than the one in the psu and the one on the cpu, i am getting a DD water clooling kit, it should be here tomorrow so that should solve all my cpu heat problems :)

Back