• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temps went up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rusauced

Registered
Here's my setup

Athlon 64 3500+ 939
ECS KV2 mobo
Thermaltake Silent Boost K8

Used AS5 according to directions

When i first set up this machine my temps were around 45 idle and 54 load (BOINC)

Now it seems to be running around 52 idle 61 load. Seems hot.

Timeframe has been approx 4 months. Seems like a large increase in temp to me. :shrug:

Any ideas as to why it may have jumped? I can lap it (have a few old HSF i'll practice on first) and reapply AS5.

Ambient temp definately has not changed 7°C.

Jacobman

I couldnt find your cooler on newegg, so can you give me a link to it. Also what kind of case cooling do you have? And did you just put a dab of AS5 on?

OP
rusauced

rusauced

Registered
Last edited:

Jacobman

It seems to me that the case has really poor cooling. Maybe you should get a new one? The Antec P-180 is a good cooler, as well as the CM stacker.

OP
rusauced

rusauced

Registered
poor cooling or not I still am curious as to why the temps seem to be running on average 7°C hotter recently. Could the performance of the case actually degrade that much??? If so then i suppose a new case would be a possible solution.

OP
rusauced

rusauced

Registered
Well dust and lint wasn't a problem. So i decided to remove and reseat it. When i pulled it off i noticed that i may have somehow smudged itoff center when i first applied it. So now i practiced a few times applying AS5 and cleaning and resetting the HSF.

But temps seem to be back to normal. They are at 48°C idle and 55°C load which is better than the 52/62.

Hopefully it will go down after 200hr