• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandman

According to this set of plots,

http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/02q1/020102/watercooling-12.html

(which compares water-coolers to an air cooler) It looks like the temp for an AIR some cooled CPU's are as shown below (bottom plot):

Duorn 950 : 50 deg C
1200: 59 deg C
Athlon Xp2000 :65 Deg C
Athlon T-Bird1400: 66 Deg C

Now these are simulated to test the coolers, but they seem a bit high to me , what typically to these run at under full heavy load.

Yodums

The tests are showing the water cooling comparison. I don't know what their doing for the tests to get a tempearture so high, but then again its Tom, so it would be biased some way :rolleyes: Just like he said before that the Innotek, won't fit the P4, however it did (Not sure it was Innotek, but it was a watercooling kit).

The maximum thermal spec of AMD is 90, yes however, your chip won't last very long even around 70 degrees.

Yodums

I just read over the article, looks like they used some kind of hot plate and giving an amount of watts of heat to produce and see how it cools. Yes and read Thelemac's URL that he posted, its worth a read that can save some posting for questions in the future!