• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tentative new water build parts list

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes it certainly does!
I thought about getting sleeved white cables for the EVGA G2, but $90 is hard to justify when the standard black cables already match the build colors. Would look sick, though.

Also, did I see in your build log that you're using Del U2414H's? How do you like those?

The monitors are phenomenal. Color representation is spot-on, calibrated from the factory.

Solid review from TFTCentral pushed me toward them, it's linked here:
TFTCentral U2414H Review

Also, if you're using multiples, look at EasyMountLCD. Their stands are top notch and very affordable!

The same!

One of the lower response/lag times I've seen out of an IPS.

The only time I can see motion blur is when I have black text scrolling on a white screen.
Any other time is crystal clear.

Viewing angles.... anywhere. Literally.

The anti-glare coating doesn't get the grain like other coatings, but it still knocks off the edge off a light.

Tiny tiny tiny bezel. 11.5mm when pushed together on my mount.

One of the lower response/lag times I've seen out of an IPS.

The only time I can see motion blur is when I have black text scrolling on a white screen.
Any other time is crystal clear.

Viewing angles.... anywhere. Literally.

The anti-glare coating doesn't get the grain like other coatings, but it still knocks off the edge off a light.

Tiny tiny tiny bezel. 11.5mm when pushed together on my mount.

I'm excited! :D

Did you order yours from Dell directly? Does Dell still provide the no-dead-pixel warranty if you order from a reseller like amazon or newegg?

I'm excited! :D

Did you order yours from Dell directly? Does Dell still provide the no-dead-pixel warranty if you order from a reseller like amazon or newegg?

I got mine from Newegg.
Check out B&H also, they have a great price on them. Legit site, ordered from them before. Free shipping too.
Newegg has a good price during the rare sale on this monitor also.

Yeah, just call Dell if you have even one dead pixel.
I believe that guarantee extends over the full 3-year warranty.

Do you have any advice on special fittings, like "hey, you're going to want to put a 45 degree here off of _____ or you're gonna have a bad time," etc?

Do you have any advice on special fittings, like "hey, you're going to want to put a 45 degree here off of _____ or you're gonna have a bad time," etc?

I would grab about five 45°'s, maybe a pair of 90°'s too.

That's about what I used.

Swiftech is out of 45 and 90s. I'd grab bits power, but they are quite expensive. Are Alphacool fittings reliable or should I suck up the bitspower cost?

PPCs has them:
http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...oduct_info&cPath=59_346_341&products_id=34370
http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...oduct_info&cPath=59_346_341&products_id=35972

I had a heck of a time trying to find it all in stock at one place when I built, so I had about 3 orders :rolleyes:

Haha yeah I've got 5 places to order from, 6 now actually.

I hope they ask me to make a user account. It just isn't as fun when they let you place an order without forcing you into their club :(

Haha yeah I've got 5 places to order from, 6 now actually.

I hope they ask me to make a user account. It just isn't as fun when they let you place an order without forcing you into their club :(

Yeah, hunting best prices while balancing shipping charges is the name of the game!

Ahahahaha feel like you're referencing another thread :p

Those are actually the ones I picked before I switched to the Vengeance selection. I suppose a slightly higher tRAS is nothing to get upset about considering it's 1866Mhz RAM.

I wouldn't bat an eye at the tRAS change.

I'm seeing $15 in the pocket for RAM that'll perform slightly (read: a few percent at most) better and keep the color scheme :)

This may be an obvious question, but does the hydro copper GPU come with two G1/4" plugs or do those need to be purchased separately?

Back