• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TH7-II Abit BFbios and hpt234 bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rampy

After reading loadsa the posts on this forum I grabbed cbrom215, the latest hpt bios (234) and the latest release abit bios (BF), ripped out the old 2.0 hpt bios, added 234 in its place.
Reflashed, installed new drivers and it all worked a treat - now I can use all my IBM hdd's without the system freezing. Wouldn't have found out how to do this without this place.........so thanks guys!

LarryJoe

Does the highpoint 2.34 detect fast and boot fast? If so, can you email me your modded BF?

TWY

Think the 2.33 booted up fast? If yes, then most probably the 2.34 would do the same.. :D

Apie!

Registered
what do you consider fast? I never paid any attention to the detection time of the hpt controller. I think detecting my harddiscs takes about 1-2 seconds...

LarryJoe

1-2 seconds is fine. One of Mr. N's earlier bios' contained a hpt bios that took 10-20 seconds to detect. If you exerienced this, you would have paid attention, becuase you would be staring at your screen:)

OverclockNStein

For me, My PC detected my HDDs (on RAID) very fast (@1.8) but when I overclocked to anything else besides a 100 FSB, then my RAID controller took about 5 seconds longer... I can deel with that because of my 15% overall performance boost while overclocked :)

TWY

I have 2 HDDs. One as Primary Master, one as Secondary Master.

2.0.xxxx and below took 5 seconds.
2.xx took around 7 to 8 seconds.

Don't know whether the latest one improves the detection speed for me...