• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TH7-II Raid Post Code 25? Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Clockers

Registered
My computer was running with 512Mb Ram for about 6 months without problems. I upgrade it to 1024Mb Ram last night but windows only shows 512Mb. So I removed 512Mb and reboot the computer but it gave me a post error code 25. Post code 25 is not in the manual and I have no idea what it is. Also, There is no video even if I change the graphic card.

OverclockNStein

Clockers, what OS are you running? (If I remember, windows 2000 and under wont see anything over 512 mb ram)

P.S. nice overclock for your 1.6A, I cant get to the magic 133 fsb with my 1.8. what BIOS are you using?

skou

Clockers, what kind of memory, and how many sticks? You MUST have 2 sticks for the mobo to boot up. Also, there's problems running more than 512MB ram om anything less than win 2000.

When I set up my first TH711, I had 2 sticks of 512MB rdram. When I installed the drivers for the video card, the system would crash. I was running w 98se, I had to get w xp to get it to run

Let us know if this helps.

steve

OP
C

Clockers

Registered
I'm using 98se with 512Mb now. I cleared the Cmos and still a blank screen. I can't even get to the Bios settings screen. The MB shows the code 25 and just sits there. My computer was working fine until I put in the extra 512Mb .

Jirnsum

I did some looking around, and found the following:\

I bought a new BD7-RAID board to upgrade a system.
The boot sequence stops at undocumented LCD code 25 if a 4x AGP card is inserted in the AGP slot. The system runs fine with a PCI video card. I tested it with an ATI Athlon VE and a Gigabyte GA-620. Both produced the same symptom. Both are AGP 4x compatible. Both cards work in other systems.

Upgrading the BIOS from 4x to 6H neither caused nor solved the problem. Abit Web site did not provide a list of tested video adapters promised in the manual. Trying to figure if I need another model of video card or if this one board has a bad AGP slot. Anyone running a BD7 successfully with these or other AGP video cards please mail me or post reply.

With the following answer:

You have the Abit cold boot hang.
Unfortunantly this is a fairly common thing with the Abit
BL & BD series mobos. From what I understand Abit
knows about this issue, but so far has either done
nother or hasn't found a fix. I had posted several weeks
ago about this here, wanted answers, but not a single
person responded to my posts.

In short code 25 as well as many other codes are
undocumented in the Abit manuals. What good these
omissions of post codes does is beyond me. It
kind'of defeats the whole purpose of having them to
begin with.

Anyhow code 25 has something to do with the the ram
detection. Also note this is not only a cold boot issue,
but also a reboot issue. I had it really bad, but found
somewhat of a partial fix. Go to your BIOS dip switch
block on your mobo and change dip switch 1 from ON
to OFF, then change dip switch 2 from OFF to ON.
What this does is forces your mobo to start it's BIOS
initiation at 133/266 mhz instead of automatically trying
to detect it and then starting. The problem stems in part
from the mobo and BIOS getting confused in trying to
automatically detect the PC 100/200 ram from the PC
133/266 ram.

Johnny Knoxville

Disabled
Welcome to code 25, welcome to hell :mad: :mad: :mad:. The only way i fixed this is too buy new ram (still didn't work) and a new motherboard (non a-crap).

Apie!

Registered
I also had a code 25 once and all I had to do was to make sure the memory module was inserted correctly (which it wasn't).

I found it by accident. I just pressed the module firmly to really make sure it was ok, even though I was really really really convinced of the fact it already was, I actually felt a little *click*
So I booted again waddayano? :)

hope this helps....

OP
C

Clockers

Registered
Thank you all for your help. It didn't have anything to do with the Ram. I remove all of my PCI cards except for the AGP video card and the thing booted right up. After that, I put everything back to it original slots and all worked like a charm. I still don't know why it would hang by adding and removing RAM. What ever you do, don't use more than 512mb with win98se. It only recognized 512mb anyway.