• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TH7-II RAID w/2.4B @ 2.66 TEMPS!?!?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RazeOrc

Registered
I've heard and read that people testing the TH7-II boards found the temp sensors to be 7-9C above actual, is this just system or CPU diode as well? I just OCed my 2.4B and am running up to 48C flat under full load using winbond monitor v2.7 This doesn't seem right as my OCed and higher voltage 1.5 @ 1.7v only ran 48ish too. I'm at a loss, I've even tried both HSF, the one from the 1.5 and the new one, the old one cools better by about 2C and that's just 5 hours after throwing the ASII on it so it should drop another degree or so, just wondering if there's any definite proof about the temps on this board. Oh and whether the VCore is correct as well as it is waaaaay too low in winbond monitor...

I know these are problems with this board, but it's been a while since this board was discussed in depth and I can't find links, if anyone remembers the links....

Thanks.

Logger

hello fellow 2.4b user.
most th7II boards without o/c will run about 38 39c cpu temp if yours is close to this then you are right on. My 3 boards are all the same temp.
as far as the volts all of mine are 1.47 or so as viewed in sandra and the xp system info

when I o/c I get to 48c usually more with lotsa core voltage

hope this helps

maxwedge

I would say your temps look normal...my system is at 47 deg C running P95 , with 1.65 actual volts. Room temp is 70 deg F. It idles about 37-38 deg C.

skou

I have had three different TH711-r boards, running three different temps and voltages, with the same cpu, psu, and cooling.

The TH7 is a great board, but it's volt & temp reporting aren't that good.

steve

OP
R

RazeOrc

Registered
Thanks all, I managed to fix up my box and rearrange fan connectors which seemed to give some of them more juice and got it down to 47 under load @ 2.66 with 1.6v in bios of TH7-II which undervolts so... Thanks again!