• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TH7II vrambus mod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
currently i have it at fix. should i run it at something different? also, i am running the 6025 driver, should i use the jank driver that came with the card? at this point i dont care about running 3dm, as long as its stable, i dont care, i just want mgz.

jdmcnudgent said:
currently i have it at fix. should i run it at something different? also, i am running the 6025 driver, should i use the jank driver that came with the card? at this point i dont care about running 3dm, as long as its stable, i dont care, i just want mgz.

I wouldn't go with the drivers on the CD. Not sure as to which drivers would work out best for you and your card but as far as eveything else you should be fine.

jdmcnudgent said:
you are the man.:beer:

Now what are your settings ? What is your voltage os your rambus ?

Do you have any major improvement in your new rambus frequencies ?

SteveReno said:
Can someone tell me where does the ground wire from the VR connect? from the pic at http://overclockage.50megs.com/cgi-...iramvoltmod.jpg look like it may connect to the ground of that Cap "EC2"? & if it's any ground, where excatly i should ground at.

I'm hoping that my present Vrambus volts of 2.45 being incresed to 2.6 or 2.7 will help me get at 1066/133

Please help
when i did the mod to the board, i soddered a long wire to the chip that needed to be, and i ran it through the hole in the mobo that is right by the chip, and ran it under the board and had it come up somewhere towards the middle of the board, for easier adjustment. and the hole that i brought it through was one for the mobo to connect to the case and i just soddered the wire to that (the whole in the mobo) and used it for the ground. if i had the board i would show you, but it workde like a charm.

SteveReno,

As far as I know you can just attach it to the nearest screw that secures the mobo to the case/mobo tray.

Good luck,
Eggroll :)

is this thread still active?

i need to know if there is supposed to be resistance in the signal from pin 3 to the capacitor/transitor (?) in the picture because i think my solder might be connecting them i can't really tell....thanks.

th7-r?

Does anyone know if this will work on an old th7-r board?

I have a line on one for $25, will be a folding box.

cynergy said:
is this thread still active?

i need to know if there is supposed to be resistance in the signal from pin 3 to the capacitor/transitor (?) in the picture because i think my solder might be connecting them i can't really tell....thanks.

Pin 3 has a wire that goes to the center leg of the resistor you are using and the other leg of the resistor has a ground wire going back to a mounting hole in the mobo. It would be best to use small test clips to attach the mod to the chip leg instead of solder because there is less chance of permanently adjoining adjacent pins on the chip. Use a 10K resistor or an adjustable resistor set to 10K using a voltage meter to set it properly before powering up the board.

I would suggest practicing on the vcore mod first because it is not as dangerous to the board (there is built in overvoltage protection if you screw up)

I am running a 711-r right now, was going to use the 7-r for folding, and experimenting on. I think it will make a quick cheap folder.

Back