• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thank You All! OverClockers <3 Woomack/EarthDog/Trents

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
See those blue lights at the top? The molex connector should power those leds if I'm not mistaken.

Just plug it into one of your psu molex leads and everything should work.

If a connector comes attached in the case, you will want to plug it in to ensure you are getting all of the features from the case.

Whether the connector has two pins or 4 pins doesn't matter so much, unless you have a device that requires all 4 pins AFTER the one with only two. Think of it as a rope with 4 strands. You want to keep all 4 strands until you no longer need them. If you add a device later that has 4, or 3, then plug it in before the molex shrinks down to two wires.

See those blue lights at the top? The molex connector should power those leds if I'm not mistaken.

Just plug it into one of your psu molex leads and everything should work.

If a connector comes attached in the case, you will want to plug it in to ensure you are getting all of the features from the case.

Whether the connector has two pins or 4 pins doesn't matter so much, unless you have a device that requires all 4 pins AFTER the one with only two. Think of it as a rope with 4 strands. You want to keep all 4 strands until you no longer need them. If you add a device later that has 4, or 3, then plug it in before the molex shrinks down to two wires.

yeye i understeand, wasnt needed to tell me "rope story" but thank You foradvice :D

alright so its an LED smthing or dunno w/e can it be

Security question: IF a FAN has Molex+MOBO plug-in connector, what would happen if i connect 2 of them togheter? I mean: Can i burn mobo or PSU? or the FAN?

I just try to make it as easy to understand as possible. I didn't mean to offend if I did.

All is good, dont worry

I just noticed that my PSU don't have 2x8pin connectors, he has 2x6pin 1x2 pin 2x4 pin. I'm wondering if i can use 4+4 and 6+2 for Graphic card or its not gona work....

the 1x2 is the one you use with the 2x6 to get 2x8. It's a compatibility first design.

- - - Updated - - -

as for the 4x4 pin, those are for cpu power.

the 1x2 is the one you use with the 2x6 to get 2x8. It's a compatibility first design.

- - - Updated - - -

as for the 4x4 pin, those are for cpu power.

oke so seems im gona miss some pins, i think need an "converter" or however its called from MOLEX into 8-pin pluger

Could you link the PSU you have? You want to avoid molex converters like the plague.

I gave the link above its not working?
http://www.dragonsteelmods.com/ocz-ocz600sxs-600w-stealthxstream-power-supply-review-2/

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/oczsxs600/2.htm

the another thing its 6 pin-> to 8 pin adapter, don't know wich one is more safe
or 2x molex=> 8 pin

I already have one 6 pin-> 8 pin adapter from MSI, it came with Graphic card, but don't know what to do with next one.

That psu has 2x 6pin pcie Power connectors.

What did your video card have on it? How many columns of 2 per connector?

I'm assuming an 8 pin and 6 pin, but I don't know.

Its safer to run a 6 pin to 8 pin than to go over molex.

BUT

The safest way is to run it with both 6 pins with no adapters. Just don't overclock and you shouldn't have issues with power. They are keyed, so they only go in one way.

We need some input from others to confirm this works.

If all else fails, just use the 6 pin to 8pin converter.

Molex is 4 wires, pci-e 6 pin is 6 wires. So more power available to the 6pin.

Last edited:
Back