• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thank you EVGA :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mooreswhat

I just RMA'd my 7900GT 256mb and they sent me a beautiful 8800GTS 320mb...

I'm happy :)

Th3 F4ll3n P1mp

Disabled
Wait...WAS THAT A MISTAKE?! Dang, you are a lucky one!

Ill try to rma my 8800 gts g92 and maybe expect a 9800 GTX, or maybe even a GX2 if I get lucky...LOL.

evomac

That's awesome. I got lucky with a RMA gone wrong with BFG. Sent them a nForce4 came back with a 680i :). I love manufacturer RMA upgrades.

Diddyu

Hammer + 8800GTS 512 = 9800GX2?
Thats a nice deal you got there though, lucky bugger.

MadMan007

Magical Leopluridon Senior
Wait...WAS THAT A MISTAKE?! Dang, you are a lucky one!

Ill try to rma my 8800 gts g92 and maybe expect a 9800 GTX, or maybe even a GX2 if I get lucky...LOL.

Not a mistake, they just don't keep 7900's around any more for RMAs. So he got an upgrade, and it's a nice upgrade although a GTS 320MB is no longer a great card it's a great move from a 7900 256MB.

Hazaro

Not a mistake, they just don't keep 7900's around any more for RMAs. So he got an upgrade, and it's a nice upgrade although a GTS 320MB is no longer a great card it's a great move from a 7900 256MB.

Yup.

If you've got an older card, they simply don't carry them anymore.

nd4spdbh2

damn ya thats a pretty damn good upgrade i have the 640mb version and it plays everything i throw at it at maxed out settings at great rates

necrokiller

I know a couple of other people who got that upgrade too. It depends on the product availability if they cant fix it. Im guessing one can expect a next-gen card once the 8800-series is obsolete! ;)

pillowsack

Hmmmm does evga support changing heatsinks for RMA's? I might be getting a 880gts otherwise :D

Surfrider77

I had my EVGA 8800 Ultra SC card die on me a couple months ago. I sent it in for RMA wondering what I would get back because they have been out of production for a while. A couple weeks later I had a brand new 8800 Ultra SC in retail packaging at my doorstep. So, they do keep some cards around for a while after production stops. I am just happy to have my Ultra back and not some gimped up 9800 GTX.

ratbuddy

I had my EVGA 8800 Ultra SC card die on me a couple months ago. I sent it in for RMA wondering what I would get back because they have been out of production for a while. A couple weeks later I had a brand new 8800 Ultra SC in retail packaging at my doorstep. So, they do keep some cards around for a while after production stops. I am just happy to have my Ultra back and not some gimped up 9800 GTX.

The Ultra is probably a special case, since there are still situations where it is the fastest card on the planet, and buyers of that card are more likely to know the difference if they are sent back something lesser. They'll probably stop stocking them when they finally release something that is undeniably better in every situation.