• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thank you.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quailane

I just wanted to say thank you to the overclockers.com forum for introducing me to bitcoin in the summer of 2010. I'm pretty sure I first read about it here in the f@h forum. It was just another distributed computing project to run on your computer, and at the time it wasn't even a really compelling alternative. Through my ups and downs with it over the intervening years, and far more downs than ups, bitcoin has slowly taken over my life. At no point did I ever own hundreds or thousands of bitcoin like many people, some of whom are on this forum, who got into it within the first five years of its existence, but I have continuously held at least some bitcoin from then until now. The funny thing is that what people were saying about it back then is exactly the same as what they say about it today. I keep seeing people jumping on the bandwagon now and the first thing they want to do is buy a ledger and figure out which alt-coins are going to 10x next. Neither of those things are really going to help them unless they actually understand what they are doing. In my experience, and I have made every mistake that there is besides being scammed, the number one thing people should invest in is in educating themselves about the crypto space.

Back